Friday 19 August 2022

3. School Notices - Week 4, Term 3 2022

 QUOTE FOR THE WEEK


Birthday Greetings to:
No birthdays this week

Cross Country
A reminder notice about next week's cross country is on another page on the blog.  A paper copy will be sent home next week.

Reminders
Tuesday 23rd -  school finishes at 12.30 pm for parent-teacher interviews
                       -  miniball 3 x 3 competition finishes
Wednesday 24th - basketball finishes
Friday 26th - school cross country
                    - there is no technology today

NEWS AND INFORMATION
Please check our newsblog (http://stjosephslearningandnews.blogspot.com/). It comes out every Friday and a link is emailed to families. If you need it in the meantime it is linked on the front page of our webpage: https://sites.google.com/.../stjosephscatholicschool.../home (which you can find by searching "St Joseph's Oamaru"). The newsblog contains all the news and information you need to know about what is going on. If you are not getting it, check your spam folders and if it is not there please contact the office.

Sports Draw
Basketball and Miniball 
The draws for the final games of the season were not available at the time the newsletter was typed.  These will be sent to you next week.

Football - last games for the season.  All games played at Awamoa Park.


Student News
Recently I went to a gymnastics competition.  It was one of the biggest competitions I have been too.  Here is my experience.
"I arrive in Timaru and I see my teammates warming up and then we get to our first event.  I was pretty proud of myself in that routine.  Vault is next to my worst but I just had to go for it.  It was okay I guess.  My favourite is the bar because I have been working on it really well.  I am swinging up and down! Finally, my last event is the beam.  Beam so far has not been my best but we will see.  I made a couple of wobbles but that's alright.

Now it is prize-giving time, the most exciting part or for others they dislike.  'Chelsea Koay'!! Claps come pouring in, it seems like I got first place!  After the competition, I look back at the scores and I beat 2nd place from only 0.1.  I competed in Dunedin, Timaru, Queenstown and Christchurch.  I thank my family, friends and coaches for getting me this far."  Chelsea Koay - year 7


Subway lunches
There will be NO subway lunches on the day of our cross country as we are away from school.

Summer Sports
A notice regarding futsal and touch rugby is on another page in the blog. A paper copy will be given to each family next week.

Touch Rugby Coaching Clinic

We have a coaching course coming up that we really want to encourage all coaches/potential coaches/interested parents/interested teachers to attend. Naomi and Jarrod from Otago Touch are coming up to run it so it will definitely be worthwhile and we would love to get good numbers.
It is for absolutely all skill levels, and will be really useful for coaches to learn what they should be doing throughout all ages and stages. 
Could you please share the details amongst your school communities?

Coaching Clinic (all levels)
14th September
6pm @ Excelsior Clubrooms
Being run by Otago Touch
Contact Shannon for more info

Winter Sports Uniforms
Can you please return your child's winter sports uniform to the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment