A Great Term
We are coming to the end of what has been one of the fullest terms I can remember. I am so proud of all that our staff and children have achieved this term. Just flicking through the calendar we've:
- Had a three day external special character review with an excellent report stating we are a "leading school."
- Children have been prepared for and received the Sacrament of Confirmation
- We screened our movie "Let Your Light Shine."
- We trained for and ran our cross country.
- Then our school organised the North Otago cross country and managed that - amidst snowflakes!
- Our intermediate students had a Winter camp.
- Our students prepared for and performed at Fiefia night, the Matariki Hui Ako and Polyfest
- The house leaders (and teachers) prepared for and managed the house football tournament
- The house leaders (and teachers) have prepared for Singing Cup - House Choirs which will be completed by the time this newsblog goes out.
- Our Intermediate students have studied technology and had extension classes in literacy and maths at St Kevin's.
- We've had a Science focus on the local environment - the Waitaki River and Tuna (eel) migrations.
I've recalled some of the term in order to congratulate our staff and students and the parents who support us. THANK YOU.
House Football Tournament
It was lovely to have our ex-pupils back last week to referee the house football tournament, Lachlan Brookes (Mrs Brookes' son) and Antonio Frances-Rees (my son). It was only yesterday they were running around out there too.
A selection of photos from the football tournament last week:
Singing Cup - House Choirs
We will have done these by the time this newsblog comes out. We will post photos on Facebook.
We return to school on Monday, October 17th and children will be wearing Summer uniforms. School photos are on Tuesday, October 18th and the correct summer uniform and shoes must be worn please with no exceptions. No PE uniform.
Please find your school hat as hats are compulsory in term 4 while outdoors. The hat is a navy wide-brimmed hat that can be purchased from the Warehouse.
Teacher Only Days
A reminder that we are closed for professional development in structured literacy on Monday and Tuesday 14th and 15th of November.
Have a safe and blessed holiday break
Ma te Atua e manaaki a aroha,