Saturday 9th February - Nye Jones-Hogan and Lilly Kelcher
Sunday 10th February - Serah Staju and Hana Davies
Birthday Greetings to:
Levi Heffernan and Tama Roberts
2018 End of Year Prize giving
Congratulations to the following recipients who received trophies at our End of Year Mass last year.
Yr 8 Awards
Dux 2018 - Sebastian Spillane
General Excellence Boys - Samuel Plieger
General Excellence Girls - Hannah Miller
Conduct & Diligence - Levi Crowder
Citizenship - Maximus Fatafehi
Special Character - Anika Winders
Sports Boys - Sebastian Spillane
Sports Girls - Elenoa Asi
Star Application Award - Morgan Baillie
Trudy Johnston Memorial - Andrew Sinclair
Filipino Excellence Cup - Aedrick Perez
Pasifika Excellence Award - Eleni Hausia
Just Like Jesus Awards for Yrs 1-7
Yr 1 - Hila'atu Leo
Yr 2 - Millie Fogarty
Yr 3 - Joaquin Perez
Yr 4 - Elias Fraser
Yr 5 - Paige Strachan
Yr 6 - Ziah Rollan
Yr 7 - Henry Robinson
All the school newsletter is on the blog via our website. It should all be displayed starting with the Principal's News and finishing with the Diary Dates.
Change of Contact Details
If you have changed your address/telephone numbers etc during the holidays, please let the office know as a contact list will be sent out in the next couple of weeks to confirm your details.
Cricket Draw - Friday 8th February
All games to start at 4.00 pm. These games replace the Thursday night format.
Intermediate A grade - Albion/St Joseph's v Valley Gold at SKC 2
Intermediate B grade - St Joseph's v Albion at SKC Artificial 1 (closest one to Redcastle Rd)
Giant Leaps Speech and Drama
Enrolments are now being taken for classes held at school for term 1. Contact www.giantleaps.nz or phone 0800 4 SPEECH for further information.
Goal Setting Meetings
These meetings will be held on Wednesday 27th February and Monday 4th March in the school hall. To book an interview time go to www.school.interviews.co.nz and enter the code q46qy or contact the office and they can book a time for you.
Each time a child brings antibiotics to school, they have to fill out a Medicine Authority Form and give the antibiotics to the office who will administer the medicine to the child and complete the form. A copy of the form will be sent home to parents each day child has antibiotics.
Out of School Sports
Archery - St Kevin's are organising archery on a Thursday afternoon from 3.30 pm and would be suitable for Yr 7 & 8 students. Please contact Sarah Clapperton the Sports Coordinator at St Kevin's for more information.
Basketball - Southern Classic 3 x 3 - male and female U13, U15, U17, U19 and Open. 3x3 half court basketball. Costs $10 per person and 3-5 people in one team. Time is from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm. Held at the Waitaki Rec Centre this Saturday 9th February. For more information email email@example.com
Scholastic Book Club Orders
Book club orders are being sent home with children today and the closing date for orders is Thursday 14th February.
There will be no subway lunches tomorrow and they will resume again on Friday 15th February. Subway costs $6.00 for a bun or wrap, bag of sliced apple and a cookie.
A notice has gone home today with your children regarding Touch Rugby and Cricket. Permission slips have to be returned by Monday 11th February as entries will be sent away on Wednesday 13th February. Touch Rugby starts on Tuesday 19th February. Teams will not be entered unless there is a coach/manager for each team. A copy of the notice is on another page in the blog. You can email your replies for cricket and touch rugby to firstname.lastname@example.orgSwimming
The senior students have swimming next Monday and Wednesday and we need another couple of parents to help walk the students to and from the pool especially for the 1.00 and 2.00 pm swim slots. Please let Mrs Brien know if you can help.
Winter Sports Enrolments
A form will be available within the next couple of weeks for you to sign your child up for winter sports. This year we would like all sport fees to be paid before they play and suggest you set up an automatic payment before the season commences.
World Day of Prayer
This prayer day is on Friday 1st March at the Orwell Street Chapel in Oamaru. There will be shared finger food from 6.15 pm in the hall and the Ecumenical Service will commence at 7.00 pm in the chapel. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Waitaki Newcomers Network
Welcome to town. If you are new to our community, sign up at www.newcomers.co.nz and receive lots of information, opportunities to meet others and assistance if you require it. Contact Christine on 027 242 8643 or 434 7544 for more information.
- North Otago Junior Hockey Development OfficerPart time role (Approximately 0.4 of a job) with some flexibility of hours.This role involves working with kids in primary schools, with classroom teachers present. Full training and support is given. You need to be organised, a great communicator with kids and adults and have some understanding of kids development. This role is for school hours, as you will be working with classes in schools, plus for 15 weeks you will be working Wednesday afternoons from after school until around 7pm. There is opportunity for other hours outside this in weekends or school holidays but that is up to the applicant. Therefore this would suit someone with school aged kids with some out of school hours support.Applications close Sunday 17th February. See North Otago Hockey website, https://www.sporty.co.nz/
northotagohockey , for more application information.Administrator for the North Otago Hockey Assn.Part time position (Approximately 0.3 of a job) with flexible hours.This job involves corresponding, organising, applying for funds, minute taking, account management and other administration tasks. This is a home based job although office space is available if needed. We imagine that this role could be for school hours only, if that is all the time you have, and a few hours on some evenings. There is also one meeting a month to take minutes for. However these hours are completely flexible so long as the work is done. A laptop and phone are provided for the role. You do not need to know much about hockey at all, just be a great administrator and an eager learner.Applications close Sunday 17th February. See North Otago Hockey website, https://www.sporty.co.nz/ northotagohockey , for more application information.
- Columba Scout Group - scout groups provide safe and nurturing environments for children to have fun and develop their creativity through games, arts and crafts, challenges, indoor and outdoor activities and so much more. Monday afternoons: Keas for 5-8 years from 4.15 to 5.15 pm. Monday nights: Cubs for 8-11 years from 6.00 to 7.30 pm. This is situated at the Columba Scout Den located at Awamoa Park on Holmes Hill. For further information contact Mary-Jane on 022 300 9690.
- St Patrick's Keas and Cubs - will be starting on Monday 11th February at the Fleet Street Den. Keas for years 1-3 from 4.45 to 5.45 pm and Cubs for years 3-6 from 6.00 to 7.30 pm. For more information contact Kirsten on 020 4021 18387 or Beryl on 027 294 9812.
- 2019 Cycle Skills Fun Day - held on Saturday 16th February from 12.30 to 3.30 pm at Takaro Park, Severn Street, Oamaru. Registrations from 12.30 until 1.30 pm. Free BBQ from 12.30. This is a free event for children aged 4-12 years. Try riding heritage cycles, be amazed by balloon magic, practice safe cycling on the excellent skills course and win some great prizes.
- St Pats Invercargill 75th Jubilee - For more information and registrations about this reunion, please click this link Hope the year has started well for you. Below is a link for the St Pats reunion. https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/ 1FAIpQLSdZLtKlQrRgkWQYLAuC6Dh0 fA50LOOvKva6UI9h6MiF4CyzfQ/ viewform Registrations close 22nd February.
- Youthtown - are holding archery classes every Monday from 18th February to 18th March at Awamoa Park from 3.30 to 4.30 pm. This is for Yr 7 & 8's only. Costs $75.
- Mini Movers - Fundamentals classes for 3 & 4 year olds - held at the Waitaki Rec Centre on Fridays from 9.00 to 10.00 am starting Friday 8th February. These classes cover a range of skills including running, jumping, throwing, striking and balance in a fun environment utilising lots of great equipment. Costs $36 for 6 sessions.
- Fun and Fitness for Primary School kids - held at the Waitaki Rec Centre on Fridays from 4.00 to 4.45 pm starting 8th March. Cost is $36 for 6 sessions. The workouts develop balance, accuracy, fitness and strength, encourage teamwork and lots of fun.
- Mixed Summer Basketball League - a mixed social grade competition held on Wednesday evenings starting 20th February. It is for players aged 13 years and over and there are to be 2 females on the court at any one time. Subs can be made anytime through the game. Each game consists of 4 x 10 minute quarters and each team is required to do bench duty. Costs $1$180 per team and entries close Friday 15th February. Go to http://www.sporty.co.nz/waitakicrc/Summer-League-Basketball/Registration-2