Saturday 26th August - Paddy & Sebastian Spillane, Sam Asi and Max Fatafehi
Sunday 27th August - Morgan Baillie and Seth Bartley
Birthday Greetings to:
Lucas Shaw, Eva Keno, Charlie Bremner and Sepeti Tuuefiafi
Max Fatafehi and George Asi from our St Joseph's school rugby team were selected in a tournament team of out of about 100 boys following a four game tournament in Waimate last weekend when they represented the N.O U11 Rugby team. Well done boys.
Fundraising Camp Ideas
Our Yr 7 and 8 students are busy fundraising for their camps in term 4. Please support their fundraising ventures. Order forms are available at the office.
- Quiz Night (Yr 8) - Monday 11 September at 7.00 pm at the Northstar
- Cookie Time (Yr 8) - selling mini rookie cookies for $1 each
- Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate (Yr 7 & 8) - selling these products for $9.90
- Makikihi Fries (Yr 7) - 5kg bag for $13 and 10kg bag for $21
Donations of either horse or sheep poo are wanted for our school garden. If you have any lying around, please drop it off beside the junior school garden. Any donations of gardening gloves, tools or seedlings would also be kindly appreciated.
Our annual Food Fair will be held on Sunday 29th October on the school grounds with gates opening at 10.30 am and food available from 11.00 am to 1.00 pm. We want this day to be a fun, family day filled with music and great food. Mark this date in your phone. We do need your help with following items:
- $10 per family to buy food for the food stalls. Please hand the money into the office by Tuesday 29th August (remember the more money we receive to buy food, the more food we can sell!!)
- gazebos (and help to put up/take down on Sunday 29th October
- 50 cakes to be baked for the Cake Wheel, cake notice on wall outside office door (thank you to the 9 families who have offered to make cakes already)
- help on the day, manning stalls, putting up and taking down gazebos
If you can help with any of these items, please put your name up on the lists in the office foyer or contact Rebecca Heffernan on 027 432 4056 or email email@example.com
Each class is going to be running an activity or a stall and parents and students will be needed on the day to help with their class activity and of course enjoy the great food and entertainment on offer. If you are available to help, please let your teacher know. More details will follow.
There is a huge number of lost property placed outside the hall. Please come and have a look through the various items before they go to the St Vincent de Paul or the Uniform Shop. When you buy any clothing whether it is new or second hand, please name the clothes as we can then give them back to their rightful owners.
Fr Wayne has given approval to bring a Marriage Enrichment course to Oamaru. We are seeking some couples to join a coordinating team, you do not need to be Catholic. The time commitment is only small and the benefits of strengthening relationships and contributing to your community are great. If you feel that you can help, ring either Katherine and Steven on 027 303 5203 or Lisa and Tim on 434 3160.
North Otago Cross Country
Next Monday is the North Otago Cross Country being held at the Oamaru Racecourse. Any child wishing to compete at the Otago Primary Schools Cross Country, please let Mrs Brien know after Monday's race.
Otago Primary Schools Netball Tournament
Good luck to our Yr 6 and two Yr 7/8 teams who are competing at the Otago Primary Schools netball tournament next week. An email has been sent to the player's parents regarding this.
Football - Saturday 26th August
Intermediate Grade - 10.30 am - St Joseph's v Meadowbank Mustangs - Showgrounds I1
Miniball - Tuesday 29th August - Finals Night - Duty Back Court - St Joseph's Thunder
3.45 pm - St Joseph's Thunder v North Warriors - back court
4.15 pm - St Joseph's Breakers v Fenwick Thunder - front court
4.45 pm - St Joseph's Rebels v Fenwick Wild Cats - front court
Prize giving will be held at 6.45 pm.
Referee and Score bench
3.45 pm - St Joseph's Breakers - referee and score bench - front court
4.15 pm - St Joseph's Thunder - referee and score bench - back court
5.15 pm - St Joseph's Rebels - score bench - front court
Basketball - Wednesday 30th August - Finals Night
4.00 pm - St Joseph's Cavaliers v St Joseph's Raptors - back court
4.50 pm - St Joseph's Bolts v OIS Dynamos - front court - playing for 1st and 2nd
Prize giving will be held at 6.30 pm
Referee and Score bench
4.00 pm - St Joseph's Bolts - referee and score bench - front court
4.50 pm - St Joseph's Cavaliers - score bench - back court
Can all winter sports uniforms and gear bags be returned washed and returned to the container under the stairs.
There will be no Terrific Thursday session on Thursday 31st August as Mrs Brookes is attending Reading Recovery at Pembroke School.
Yr 8 Leadership Project
Our Yr 8 students would like to plant 210 New Zealand Native plants up in Cape Wanbrow. The reason they are wanting to plant these trees is because in Term 1, their class learnt about global warming. It is a big part of the world today with all the fossil fuel and resulting CO2 in the air. A way to help us have clean air is to plant trees. Also at Cape Wanbrow the council are needing people to help with planting and we would be giving back to the community.
This tea towel fundraiser is raising money for the trees: 1 tea towel will cost $10.00, 2 for $19.00, 3 for $25.00 and anymore that that will cost $8.00 each. All tea towels have been designed by St Joseph's students. Tea towel designs and order form are in the office for you to look at.
- Film Screening and Awards Evening - join us to celebrate the unique stories of Waitaki's past, present and future. Enjoy a night of locally made films and be entertained by our guest judge from Natural History NZ Emmy award winning Ian McGee and MC for the evening and Survivor NZ host, Matt Chisholm. Held on Friday 8th September at 7.30 pm at the Oamaru Opera House. Tickets cost $5.00.
- Cadbury Dunedin Marathon - held on Sunday 10th September at Dunedin Harbour. There are 42.2 km, 21.1 km run or walk, 11.5 km run or walk and is open to 12 years plus. Before the marathon, there is a family training opportunity for everyone doing either a 5 km walk or 10 km run on Sunday 27th August. Entry gold coin donation.