Thursday 27 October 2016

2. Special Character - Week 3, Term 4 2016

We will be celebrating 'All Saints Day' with a school liturgy 
 on Tuesday 1st November at 9.00 am in the school hall. 
Family and friends are welcome to join us.

Here's another interesting passage from 'Painting Rainbows with Broken Crayons' by Bernadette McCarver Snyder, This little book is full of prayers for Teachers, Parents and other Caregivers.

When Did Discipline Become A Dirty Word?
Why am I always at the wrong place at the wrong time, Lord? When I was growing up, children were to be seen but not heard, Discipline was IN. Adults ruled, children obeyed. Now I finally get to be an adult and discipline is OUT. Adults no longer rule, children seldom obey. How did you let this happen, Lord?
It's my turn and I want to be obeyed. I want discipline to become an admired word again instead of a dirty one. Well, I don't MEAN discipline. I mean constructive discipline.
It seems that discipline comes from the same root word as disciple - and that shows how we should all act. Help me, Lord, help us ALL to be disciples, showing children the value of being your followers, of obeying your rules, of leading a disciplined life so it can be a good, moral, ethical life. 
There are enough dirty words being tossed about today, Lord. Help us to find again the merit and the potential of the words discipline and disciple.
And, Lord, I know I am not really at the wrong place at the wrong time. This is MY time, the time you gave me - so it is the right time. Help me to make the most of it.


For the next four weeks our Religious Education teaching is focused is on the 'Communion of Saints' Strand. Please refer to your Family-Whanau Book for material to help you support your children during our teaching of this strand.
Year 1/Mary: Page 19
Year 2/Saints and Inspiring People: Page 22
Year 3/Life, Death and Christian Hope: Page 25
Year 4/Choices: Page 28
Year 5/Saints and Inspiring People: Page 31
Year 6/Mary: Page 34
Year 7/ Choices: Page 37
Year 8/Life, Death and Christian Hope



No comments:

Post a Comment