QUOTE FOR THE WEEK
Birthday Greetings to
None this week
Black, Red and White Mufti Day
Well done to our school of 110 children and staff who raised $317.20 for the mufti day including the purchase of ribbons for the Blair Vining Charity Hospital in Southland. Children wore black, red and white clothing in support of this worthwhile fundraiser and very special thanks to Kaycee-Mae G for organising it.
The Waitaki Aquatic Centre is implementing a new activity at the swimming pool for terms 3 and 4 which is called Flippaball.
- each team needs a manager (a parent) who will take over all team arrangements
- the Aquatic Centre will provide all materials (balls and caps)
- players need to bring their togs and towel
- games will be held at the pool on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays from 7.00 to 8.00 pm
- competition will be split in 2 categories: Yr 4/5/6 and Yr 7/8
- If any children are interested in joining a Flippaball team, please let Mrs Brien know.
All classes have a futsal session next Friday and we would like all children to have their PE gear on this day.
Camp fees are to be paid in full by Friday 12th August.
Tickets to view our school movie are for sale in the school office. $5.00 for adults and school children is free. The movie will be screened at St Kevin's College on Wednesday 17th and 18th August at 6.00 pm.
Parent Teacher Interviews
A reminder about our Parent Teacher Interviews on Tuesday 23rd August from 1.00 to 8.00 pm. Please book a time using the following:
Go to School Interviews: https://www.schoolinterviews.co.nz/
The Booking Code is: 3c85s
As school closes at 12.30 pm and interviews start at 1.00 pm, all children are to be collected from their classrooms sharp. Only country bus children will be looked after till they catch their bus.
Scholastic Book Club
Scholastic Book Club brochures have gone home this week. Please have cash orders back to school by Thursday 4th August or place your order online at scholastic.co.nz/LOOP
Grow your Home Library (& Independent Readers) with the Free Book Offer!
Every child deserves access to quality and affordable books and Scholastic Book Club offers great prices with Value Books as low as $3.50 on every issue of Book Club. Best of all, if you order on Issue 5, you can select Free Books.
Place your issue 5 order on LOOP to select up to 3 Free Books. To qualify, all you have to do is spend over $30.00 and you can select 1 Free Book, or spend over $50.00 and you can select 2 Free Books or over $70.00 and you can select 3 Free titles from a special online list. The list will display after you create your order and head to the checkout. See https://mybookclub.scholastic.co.nz/Parent/Login.aspx for more information.
Did you know that 20% of your Book Club order goes back to our school in Scholastic Rewards? These rewards are redeemed on Books and Educational Resources which helps stretch our budget further.
School Board Elections
A reminder that nominations for the school board elections close at noon on Wednesday 3rd August. If you need a nomination form, please contact the office.
An update at 2.50 pm from the North Otago Rugby Union, said all council grounds are closed until Monday so therefore there is no rugby this weekend.
An update for the boys basketball draw for next Wednesday. The team plays at 3.50 pm next Wednesday and the score bench duty at 4.40 pm is the Lindsay family.
Winter Sports Uniforms
If your team has finished playing for the season, can you please return your washed sports uniform and gear bags to the office. Thank you.
A copy of this week's sports draw is on another page on the blog.
St Kevin's Open Day - Wednesday 3rd August
St Kevin's College are holding an 'Open" day and evening on Wednesday 3rd August. Presentation and tours begin at 1.30 pm and 6.00 pm.
This information is for any child who wishes to play representative touch rugby this year.
North Otago Junior Touch Trials will be held on Sunday 4 and Sunday 11 September at 2pm at Centennial Park
* Otago Junior Rep Trials Sunday, 25 September in Dunedin
* Invercargill Tournment, Sunday 13 November
* Otago Touch Day, Sunday 20 November
* Oamaru Tournamnent Saturday 3 December
* Te Waipounamu Tournament, Christchurch 17 & 18 December
* Junior Nationals, Christchurch 10 to 12 February (U16 & U18 only)
An Online Registration Form for Noth Otago Trials will be posted on facebook in the next week or so
Any players selected for Otago will be required to attend training in Dunedin on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings.
Parents/cararegivers will be required to take a turn to drive vans to training.
We warmly welcome Vishaka and Dhairya who started school this week.
- The Teen Brain - Nathan Wallis is coming to Waitaki Girls High School on Wednesday 24th August from 7.30 to 9.00 pm to talk about the 'Teen Brain' which can start as early 9 and end anywhere from 18 to 32 years of age. Please see the flyer attached to the email for further information.
- After School Art Classes - please see the flyer attached to the email.