Saturday 16th November - Luse & Sam Asi, Coope Jones and Jayla Strong
Sunday 17th November - Alexie Phillips, Ivy-Belle & Molly-May Mestrom
Birthday Greetings to
Cody Marshall, Larnik Vincent and Luse Asi
A lovely day was held for our whole school athletics at Centennial Park on Tuesday. It was wonderful to see the children giving participating and competing in the events. A huge thank you to our wonderful parent helpers and the students from St Kevin's College for giving up their time to ensure our day ran smoothly.
Mikayla Pine misplaced her named polar fleece at the athletics so can you please check your child's clothing to see if they have got their correct top. A wallet was also found at the grounds and you can claim it from the office.
Children who have qualified for the North Otago Athletics have been given a hard copy of the notice and also been emailed a copy. Can all replies be returned by Monday 18th November as entries have to be sent away by Wednesday.
Trophies and certificates will be presented at assembly on Friday 22nd November.
Girls - practices will be held on Wednesdays at St Kevin's from 3.30 to 4.30 at the nets. If you require a ride there, please contact Lyndon Kelcher.
A copy of the draw for the next 3 weeks will be emailed out to you. The draw for Friday 15th November is:
Intermediate A - St Joseph's Volts v Valley Blue - SKC Artificial 1
Girls - St Joseph's Sparks v Union - SKC Artificial 2
End of Year Trophies
Families that received trophies at our 2018 Prize giving Nass are asked to return them to the school office before the end of next week.
Home and School
Hungry Horse Cafe
There is one more race meeting before the end of the year and it is on Saturday 30th November and we still require 8 people to help out on this day. If you haven't had a chance to donate your time this year, this is a good opportunity to do so as it is Christmas at the Races and there is entertainment for the children. This is an awesome fundraiser in which your help is very appreciated. The shifts are:
- 2 people for the 3.00 to finish shift
- 2-3 people for the bbq from 12.00 to 3.00 pm shift
- 2-3 people for the bbq from 3.00 to 4.30 shift
Please let the office or Mrs Heffernan know if you can help on email@example.com
The Home and School committee are running a disco on Friday 6th December for Yrs 1-6. The theme is red, white or green or Christmas if you are stuck for ideas. It starts at 6.00 and finishes at 7.30 pm. Further information next week.
Yr 7 & 8 Social
Will be held on Friday 13th December.
There is still a lot of clothing and other items in the foyer which need to be collected before they are distributed to the clothing shop.
A reminder that technology this Monday starts in the morning as St Kevin's is finishing early due to staff PD. The children are to go straight to St Kevin's and a bus will bring them back to school at 10.30 am.
- Whitestone City Family Fun & Entertainment - Puppeteer on Friday 15th November.at 6.30 pm. A unique opportunity to see Puppeteer Norbert Hausberg and his hand crafted marionettes bringing stories to life inspired by New Zealand and international history. Show will last approximately an hour. Tickets cost $15 for adults and $5.00 for children. Book at Whitestone City or the I-Site.
- Teddy Bears Picnic - Saturday 16th November from 3.30 pm at the gardens. Bring your children and their teddy bears for a picnic. Tickets cost $10 for children and adults free. Book at Whitestone City or I-Site.
- The Light Christian Store Sale - after 43 years of business they are sadly closing down and their sale starts on November 18 to December 31st. Open Monday to Friday from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm.
- White Ribbon Breakfast - Thursday 21st November at the Loan & Merc building in Harbour Street, Oamaru from 7.00 to 8.30 am. Tickets cost $15.00 and are available from Westpac Bank or Southern Wide Real Estate. Guest speaker is Heather Johnston.