Saturday 2nd May - Indya & Mackenzie Cunningham, Ben Cullimore and Joshua Criddle
Sunday 3rd May - Cameron & Laura Mather, Antonia Black, Sebastian Whiston and Grace Keno
Birthday Greetings to:
Rebecka Demonteverde, Keane Pe, Joseph Spillane and Isabella Hanning
We warmly welcome Daniel Woodhouse (new entrants) and Charlotte Hogg (Yr 7) who started at our school last week.
Tannah Rintoul has lost her named school jacket. If found, please return it to the school office.
A crimson and black head band has been handed into the office. Please claim it if it is yours.
Westpac Chopper Appeal Mufti Day
Tomorrow we are having a mufti day in support of the Westpac Chopper Appeal. Please bring along a gold coin donation.
Winter Sports Draw
The weekly draw for all sports will be available on the school noticeboard, school blog and website.
Weekly News Blog
The school news blog is printed out in full each week and a copy is available for you to read on the wall outside the office.
Sacramental Programme - Confirmation
The parent meetings will be held at St Joseph's school in the community room. The purpose of these parent meetings is to support you in preparing your children for the Sacrament of Confirmation, and your attendance is expected. Your attendance and level of participation in the meetings for Reconciliation was very much appreciated. If you have any queries about the programme, please contact Adrienne Wylie (phone 434 8436). Please let the office know if you will be attending these parent meetings for the Confirmation Programme.
Parent Meeting 1 - Monday 11th May
Parent Meeting 2 - Monday 18th May
Confirmation - Sunday 31st May at the 9.30 am Mass
Sacrament Programme - Eucharist
First Holy Communion will be celebrated on Sunday 16th August. The dates for the parent meetings will be set nearer the time.
Thank you - Fr Wayne, Adrienne and Mark Wylie
Gymnastics - St Joseph's Gymnastics Club
Welcome to all new and returning gymnasts and parents. This year there will be a gymnastics fee of $20.00 (payable to the office), which includes the hire of the leotards/singlets. The rest will go towards new gym equipment. Leotards will be handed out once the fee is paid.
Some house keeping notes:
- Could all gymnasts please get changed in the senior girls/boys toilet rooms / changing area, put their uniforms into their school bags and hang their bags on the hooks outside the hall before coming in as we are trying to eliminate lost property issues.
- To have as much room available as possible, could all watching parents please sit along the kitchen side of the hall if not coaching or helping.
- Girls are to have their hair tied back into a plait if possible.
- Start time is 3.10 pm and finishing approximately at 3.45 pm.
- We ask that no one plays on the equipment before the warm up and as with all sports at St Joseph's, we expect a high standard of behaviour, particularly listening carefully to the parent coaches.
- We would like to ask for parent help when it comes to tidy up time.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you there.
Susie Jorgensen, Adele Whiston and Kelly McLaren - Parent Coaches
Basketball & Miniball - reminder about the referee and coaching clinic being held this Sunday 3rd May at the Waitaki Recreation Centre. All welcome.
Netball - the Jennian Homes junior netball academy provides quality coaching to young netballers aged 8-14 years old of all abilities. This is a 6 week programme held from 4.00 to 5.00 pm each Friday from May 22nd to June 26 at the Waitaki Recreation Centre. Costs $75 per player. Further information go to www.netballsouth.co.nz
Home & School Fundraiser
- FIFA U20 World Cup Double Header - held at the Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin on Sunday 31st May. Mexico v Mali & Uruguay v Serbia. Exclusive offer for the Football Waitaki Community. Ticket price includes return bus transport. Costs $20 - $30 for an adult and $10 - $15 for a child. Tickets must be purchased through Oamaru I-SITE. You will need to identify your club and team name in order to purchase tickets. Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christchurch Pops Choir Tour - performing in Oamaru on Sunday 10th May at 2.00 pm at the Opera House. Tickets cost @$25 for adults and $15 for children. Book at Ticket Direct on www.ticketdirect.co.nz The choirs will sing an exciting range of rock, pop, gospel and musical theatre. Expect music from Adele to ABBA, Gaga to Groban, Tommy to Toto and much more. The Christchurch Pops Choir have wowed audiences all over Christchurch.