QUOTE FOR THE WEEK
|For both Cross Country and Food Fair|
- Between 7.00 am- 11.00 am we are setting up stalls, gazebos, running wires and putting up signs before the public arrive.
- Between 11.00 am - 2.00 pm we are cooking food, serving food, selling food tickets at the gate, selling tickets for the chocolate wheel.
- Between 2.00 - 3.00 pm we are packing everything up again.
We would love to see some more mothers from our school join our prayer group on a Wednesday evening at 7.00 pm for a prayer and social get-together. Contact Sandy Mascarenhas on 022 041 5296 for further information.
Kia Ora all Year 5,6,7 & 8 Students and Whanau
This Years’ Singing Cup is going to continue to promote our talents in singing as well as hold the prestige that was shown at last year’s finals!
We encourage all year 5-8 students to audition and there are House points for all entries.
Auditions are on Wednesday 25th August from 9am onwards. Friday 1st October is the date for Finals. Solos and Groups from 9am and House choirs will be from 2.00 pm.
Students can choose from the song list below and sing one verse and one chorus. This year the Duet/Group competition will also include Groups of 3-6 participants. Auditions for Duets/Groups need to be able to present their song choice with harmony. Duet/Groups can be mixed Girl/Boy and mixed Houses.
Song Choices for auditions are:
Hold my Hands 1. Te Aroha
Gifts 2. Holy Ground
Blessed be God 3. Own Choice
Each child is given an Audition pack from their class teachers and additional packs are available from Mrs Brookes
Finalists choose their own song and accompanist but we can help you. Backing tracks may be used but they must only be instrumental. A TIME LIMIT of 3 minutes is required.
Finals will be held on Friday 1st October in our school hall starting 9.00 am sharp. Parents are welcome to attend.
The Judge has the following Marking Criteria:
We are looking for ‘excellence’ and participation and look forward to the final results.
kind regards, Mrs Brookes.
Touch Rugby Trials
A reminder the North Otago Junior Touch trials are on Sunday 22nd August from 11.00 am at Centennial Park. Boys and Girls grades in U12, U14 and U16. Follow the North Otago Junior Touch on their Facebook page.
Waitaki Multicultural Day
We acknowledge the Waitaki Multicultural Day on Friday 27th August but as it is our cross country day, we are unable to participate but fully support it. We look forward to celebrating our multicultural day in term 4.
Come join us at the Oamaru Farmers Market
Every Sunday from 9:30 am - 1 pm at the Harbour area
- Come and stock up on your fresh veges, cheese, fresh milk, sauces and jams, vegan delectables and more. Freshly brewed coffee and breakfast eats are available.
- The Spud in a Bag Competition is on. To participate, come down to the market this Sunday and grab your Spud in a Bag Competition Kit. Available until the 19th September. Prizes for biggest crop and other fun categories. Judging will be on the 12th of Dec 2021.
- North Otago Suzuki Grand Opening - Saturday 14th August from 9.00 am to 2.00 pm. See attached flyer to the email.