QUOTE FOR THE WEEK
Saturday 17th December - Joseph & Sebastian Spillane, Bronson Bartlett and Joshua Criddle
Sunday 18th December - Jonathan Jorgensen, Molly-May Mestrom and Arthur Cartlidge
Saturday 24th December (Christmas Vigil) - Elizabeth & Samuel Plieger and Seth Sinclair
Sunday 25th December (Christmas Day) - Michael Misiloi and Jonathan Jorgensen
Saturday 31st December - Indya & Mackenzie Cunningham, Elizabeth & Samuel Plieger
Sunday 1st January - Rhea Ratgali, Morgan Baillie, Arthur Cartlidge and Molly-May Mestrom
Saturday 7th January - Seth Sinclair, Molly Whittaker, Elizabeth & Samuel Plieger
Sunday 8th January - Seth Bartley, Henry Robinson and Michael Misiloi
Saturday 14th January - Elenoa & Halalova Asi, Max Fatafehi and Seth Sinclair
Sunday 15th January - Molly-May Mestrom, Hana & Zara Davies and Arthur Cartlidge
Saturday 21st January - Indya & Mackenzie Cunningham and Bronson Bartlett
Sunday 22nd January - Jonathan Jorgensen, Cameron Mather and Seth Bartley
Saturday 28th January - Joseph & Sebastian Spillane, Elizabeth & Samuel Plieger
Sunday 29th January - Michael Misiloi, Hana & Zara Davies
Birthday Greetings to:
Lachlan Criddle, Jack Cameron, Ben Taufa, Georgia Moore, Grace Keno, Mia Cant, Daniel Jorgensen, Chelsea Koay, Sunny Tian, Heath Cartlidge, Aaliyah Meikle, Iri Kelly-Heke, Blake Meek, Willow Bartlett, Olly Wickham, Ivy-Belle Mestrom, Lily Wickham, Rajbir Singh, Holly Cartlidge and Eva Harrex.
Before School Care
Will resume again on Tuesday 31st January in the library upstairs which was the old Yr 6 classroom. Love to see you there.
To Rhea Ratgali who received the Veritas Award for 2016. This is a very prestigious cup which acknowledges a high achiever each term. This individual constantly displays all four of the school values and continues to Reach for the Stars in all learning areas. Ka Pai Rhea, St Joseph's is proud of you.
Cricket Draw - Saturday 17th December
4th Grade A - St Joseph's v Kurow at SKC 1
4th Grade B - St Joseph's v Eastern at SKC Artificial 1
As there were no new dates to put in the calendar at this stage, we have not included it in this blog.
Tomorrow we farewell the following Yr 8 families who will leave St Joseph's. We thank them for their contribution to our school and wish them all the best especially the Hanning family who have had a 20 year relationship with the school.
- Black, Bolitho, Brookes, Caponpon, Cooper, Edzes, Hanning, Hogg, Jenkinson, Macaulay, Mather, Misiloi, Neri, Ramu, Ratgali, Serrano, Sinclair and Stewart-Cooper families
Please come and look through the lost property situated in the hall for your child's clothing as it will not be there next year.
Mass Times for St Patrick's Parish, Oamaru and Areas
Children Christmas Pageant (Christmas Eve)
Can the children come dressed as angels and shepherds and be at the Basilica by 4.00 pm for a short practice.
St Patrick's Basilica - Christmas Vigil - Saturday 24th December - 4.30 pm (Children's Pageant)
- 5.00 pm (carols from 4.30 pm)
- Christmas Mass - Sunday 25th December - 9.30 am (carols from 9.15 am)
- Sunday Mass at 9.30 am and Saturday Vigil at 5.00 pm
Kurow - Christmas Vigil - Saturday 24th December - 7.30 pm (carols from 7.10 pm)
- Sunday Mass on 1st and 15th January at 12.00 pm
Hampden - No Christmas Mass - please join the Basilica Christmas Services
- Sunday Mass on 8th and 22nd January at 11.30 am
2017 New Families
We have sent you an email with the link to our school news blog.
There will be no school lunches available in week 1 of term 1.
School Swimming Dates
There will be senior school swimming for years 4-8 on Friday 3rd February (first Friday back) and swimming will resume on Monday 13th February.
School Uniform - boys grey shirts
There will be a delay in the supply of the Schooltex Summer school grey shirt at The Warehouse and they will not be available until mid-March. The stock delay has resulted due to supplier delay. They apologise for the delay and are offering a 20% discount off the full retail price on the delayed items for two weeks from mid-March.
Stationery Lists and School Reports
Please check your child's bag for next years stationery list and school report. Please note in the New Entrant/Year 1 stationery list, there is a change and it should read 1A8 and not 1B8. The stationery is available from Paper Plus and Office Max and both places you can purchase them on-line.
Uniform Shop Hours
The Uniform Shop will be open the following hours during the holidays. If you have any queries, please contact Adele on 027 434 3338. Remember there is no eftpos facilities.
Friday 27th January - 10.00 am to 2.00 pm
Monday 30th January - 12.00 to 2.00 pm
Tuesday 31st January - 8.15 to 9.15 am
Yr 7 & 8 Social
Last Friday the Yr 7 & 8 children celebrated their end of year social. The theme was masquerade and the night started off at 5.30 pm for the Yr 8's who had their photos taken and were treated to a sit down meal provided by the Home and School. The Yr 7's arrived at 6.30 pm with a plate for supper and did formal dancing till the evening finished at 9.00 pm. Special thanks to the Home and School for all their work and to Mrs Angela Asi for teaching the students to formal dance. To view photos of the night, please click Yr 7 & 8 Social
- Christmas in the Park - held at Takaro Park on Saturday 18th December from 3.00 to 6.00 pm. Bring your family and a picnic, enjoy Christmas carols, pony rides, tug-o-war, bouncy castles, face painting, lolly scrambles and much more. Live music. If wet, held at the Oamaru Rec Centre.
- Free Christmas Classes at the Waitaki Rec Centre - held on Saturday 17th December from 8.00 am to 12.00 pm and Thursday 22nd December at 5.40 pm. For further information contact the Rec Centre.
- Join the Steel Club - Run by Netball South, kids will learn about movement and ball skills, shooting defence, attack, tactical and technical awareness, fitness plus warm ups and cool downs. Sessions start on February 24th to April 7th in term 1, May 12th to June 30th and August 4th to September 22nd. For more details and registration forms, head to www.netballsouth.co.nz