QUOTE FOR THE WEEK
Saturday 6th February - no one from school
Sunday 7th February - no one from school
Birthday Greetings to
Mele Ahotaeiloa, Dorothy Baricuatro, Jasmine Hansen, Elleanna Taafaki and Honey-Belle Robb
Our 2020 Yr 8 students were awarded their End of Year trophies at our final mass last year. We congratulate the following recipients and wish them well .
- Dux - Benjamin Jonathan
- General Excellence Boys - Paddy Spillane
- General Excellence Girls - Hannah Fowler
- Conduct & Diligence - Atlanta Williams-McDowell
- Citizenship - Lisiate Hausia
- Special Character - Serah Staju
- Sports Boys - Michael Woodhouse
- Sports Girls - Lavina Ma and Atlanta Williams-McDowell
- Pasifika Excellence - Lisiate Hausia
- Star Application Award Cup - Ziah Rollan
- Filipino Excellence Trophy - Jana Gulinao
- Maori Cultural Cup - Atlanta Williams-McDowell
- Trudy Johnston Medal of Courage - Libby Seddon
Congratulations to the following recipients who received the "Just Like Jesus" awards.
- Year 1 - Eva Mino Zubiri
- Year 2 - Anashae Meikle
- Year 3 - Hila'atu Leo
- Year 4 - Lucas Kofoed
- Year 5 - Stirling Heffernan
- Year 6 - Jasmine McLaren
- Year 7 - Ivy-Belle Mestrom
Goal Setting Interviews
These will be held on Tuesday 23rd February and Wednesday 24th February from 3.15 to 7.00 pm Everyone family is expected to attend these 10 minute interviews and you can book in your interview time by going to www.schoolinterviews.co.nz and the code is CWRQ7. If you need help booking in a time, please contact the office.
Hungry Horse Cafe
Thank you to the parents who have offered to volunteer their time at the cafe this term. There are still some sessions that need to be filled.
There is a couple of amendments to the roster because of a typo error. The correct date is Wednesday 10th March, not Sunday 10th March and a new date is Sunday 28th February. The times for Sunday 28th February is:
10.00 to 12.00 pm
12.00 to 3.00 pm
3.00 to 5.30 pm.
Please let the office know if you can help with these dates or contact Rebecca Heffernan on 027 432 4056.
Mrs Brookes Class - Pukeko
Their PE day has changed from Tuesday to Wednesday. Please wear your PE gear to school on these days thanks.
All forms and permission slips which were sent out this week need to be returned to school by Tuesday 9th February
Scholastic Book Club
The brochures went out this week and orders are due in by Friday 12th February.
These lunches start back on Friday 17th February at $6.00 for a 6 inch and $9.00 for a footlong.
The dates for the senior swimming lessons are:
- Tuesday 16th February from 1.00 pm, 1.30 pm and 2.00 pm
- Thursday 18th February from 1.00 pm, 1.30 pm and 2.00 pm
- Monday 22nd February from 11.00 am, 11.30 am and 12.00 pm
- Wednesday 24th February from 11.00 am, 11.30 am and 12.00 pm
- Tuesday 2nd March from 1.00 pm, 1.30 pm and 2.00 pm
We would still like a parent to help walk the children down to the pool. Please let Mrs Brien know if you can help thanks.
The senior swimming sports are on Friday 5th March in the morning. A notice will come regarding the swimming sports shortly.
All permission slips are due back by Tuesday and children will be put into teams. At this stage we need another coach for the Yr 1/2/3 team as we need to put two teams in at this grade and another coach for the Yr 4/5/6 team. Please let Mrs Brien know if you can help. Touch starts in Week 3 on Tuesday 23rd February.
Welcome new students
We warmly welcome 17 new students to our school this week who have either transferred from other schools, moved into the district or are new entrants.
New Entrants and Yr 1 - Emere, Henry and James
Yr 3 - Courtney, Elleanna, Riley and Taera
Yr 4 - Haifa and Marmaduke
Yr 5/6 - Jasmine, Soa and Taafaki
Yr 7/8 - Dorothy, Francis, Genne, Lachlan and Marc
Yr 8 Leadership Positions
Congratulations to our 2021 Yr 8 leaders who were presented at assembly last year. They will be presented their badges at assembly on Friday 19th February.
Head Boy and Head Girl - Jack O'Neill and Kacymea Tahitu'a
Head Boy and Head Girl Special Character - Isaiah Castro and Ivy-Belle Mestrom
Guzman House Captains - Tommy McGeown and Sandrene Mordeno
Guzman Cultural Leader - Sandrene Mordeno
Lima House Captains - Isaiah Castro and Willow Bartlett
Lima Cultural Leader - Dorothy Baricuatro
Siena House Captains - Kenton Tokai and Mazvita Rondozai
Siena Cultural Leader - Kacymea Tahitu'a
Physical Activity Leaders - Tommy McGeown and Lachlan Kelynack
Technology Leader - Lilly Kelcher
School Librarians - Freya Spooner, Stephanie Morondoz and Dorothy Baricuatro
- Oamaru Farmers Market - come join us at the Oamaru Farmers Market every Sunday from 9.30 am to 1.00 pm at the Harbour area. There is live music and fun activities for the kids, fresh fruits, veges and dairy, yummy food to buy and gifts. There is something for everyone.
- Columba Scout Group - come along for an awesome jam-packed session of fun with arts and crafts, camps, team building, games, challenges and so much more. Contact Mary-Jane on 022 30 9690 for more information. Monday afternoons - Keas - 5-8 years from 4.15 to 5.15 pm: Monday nights - Cubs - 8-11 years from 6.00 to 7.30 pm. Held at the Columba Scout Den at Awamoa Park.
- Devos Dance Evolution Studios - we use mindful movement and gratitude to teach life skills through dance, giving students not just excellence dance technique but also the tools to become confident, healthy and successful young adults in all aspects of their life. Ages 5-14 years on Mondays starting 15th February. Cost is $104.00 and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- North Otago A & P Show - held at the showgrounds on Ettrick Street, Oamaru on Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th February.