Saturday 27th October - Joseph, Paddy & Seb Spillane and Samuel Plieger
Sunday 28th October - Andrew Sinclair, Hana Davies, Lilly Kelcher and Alexie Phillips
We are desperately looking for parents who are happy to help run the Book Fair next Monday at 8.45 am. The Book Fair will be open in the hall from 8.45 to 9.15 am and again at 2.45 to 3.15 pm every day next week. Please let your child's classroom teacher know if you can help ANY day/time. We currently have NO helpers so we will not be able to run this awesome event if we can't get any help. Thank you in advance.
Book Character Dress Up Day - is next Friday 2nd November. Come to school dressed up as your favourite book character.
Cricket Festival Forms for Yr 5/6
These permission forms are due back tomorrow. Out of the 12 replies, there has been one offer of help with a team and 3 offers with transport. Sadly without parent help, they will not be able to attend this festival as there is not enough helpers to cover the adult per child ration. Please let Mrs Brien know if you can help. You do not have to know how to play cricket as the children will be told on the day the format of the game. This is just a managerial role and to sub children on and off.
There are still 6 spaces left on the cake wheel for cake/slice/muffin donations. The cakes are to be delivered to the hall kitchen tomorrow during the day or Saturday between 4.00 and 5.00 pm or Sunday morning at 10.30 am.
The starting time for the Food Fair has changed from previous years and the gates now open at 11.30 am and food is available for purchase from 12.00 pm. Please bring cash for the cake wheel, ice cream and coffee trucks, face painting and fundraiser stalls and there is eftpos facilities available.
If it wet on Sunday, the Food Fair will still be on and it will be held in the hall.
We still have 2 phones, children glasses, 1 scooter and 1 bike here at school. If you are missing any of these items, please contact the office.
Pita Pit Oamaru
Would like the opportunity to have their healthy and delicious pitas delivered to our school as part of a healthy lunch option. They would have a designated day for the lunch orders and we would still have Subway lunch orders on a Friday.
With Pita Pit you do not give your orders to school as you order and pay for them online and they are delivered to school on the designated day. Our school will not be involved with the ordering of the lunches nor can we send in late order lunches.
We are seeking feedback as to whether you will use this second lunch option so please contact the office if you are interested by next week. The menu also caters for gluten and dairy free diets.
Main: Free range chicken, free farmed ham, roast beef and Falafei cost $5.20 each
Garden veggie costs $4.70
All pitas come with a choice of plain or wholemeal bread and come with a choice of up to three fillings.
Sides: Cookie baked chocolate candy 60g is $2.10
Drinks: Charlies 600 ml spring water and 200 ml apple juice, black currant and apple juice is $2.10
Combo: Candy cookie and 600 ml water is $3.65
Candy cookie and black currant apple juice is $3.65
Friday 26th October - Yr 5/6 Cricket Festival forms due back
- Slime being sold at school
Sunday 28th October - Food Fair at 11.30 am
Monday 29th October - Yr 7/8 science road show forms due back
- Scholastic Book Fair starts
- Technology for Yr 7/8
Tuesday 30th October - Pita Pit lunch plans
Wednesday 31st October - Photo and Scholastic Book Club orders due back
- information for the newsletter due in
These accounts will be emailed to all families at the end of next week and will include camp and sport fees. Cricket fees are charged for terms 4 and term 1 and cost $15.00 for Yrs 7 and under and Yr 8's fees are $7.50 (term 4 only). Touch Rugby fees cost $10 for new players starting in term 4. Camp fees have the fundraising amount deducted from their fees.
A notice went home last week regarding our new format for our school athletics on the 14th November and asking to have help with the running of this event. Thank you to the three parents who have kindly offered to help but we need to have a lot more to ensure it is run smoothly and without hiccups. This is for both the juniors and seniors. Please let Mrs Brien know if you can help with either part of the day and for which group.
Scholastic Book Club Orders
These book club orders are due back on Wednesday 31st October.
School Newsletter - Sports
Next week any information for the school newsletter has to be in by Wednesday as the newsletter will be typed up that day and sent out on Thursday morning. Mrs Brien is away from next Thursday and the following week.
Sports draws will be sent out via the office email for cricket and touch.
All photo orders are due back to the office by Wednesday 31st October. Any late orders will have to be taken down to Fotographix by yourselves.
School Disco and Social
The dates have been set for the end of year disco for Yrs 1-6 which is Friday 7th December starting at 6.00 pm till 7.30 pm. The Yr 7 & 8 social has an Hawaiian theme this year and is on Friday 30th November. More information to follow about these events.
Tomorrow Athena Toeke and Indya Cunningham are selling slime and a portion of the proceeds will go towards Caritas. They are selling them by the trees beside the Yr 4/5 classroom or in the hall if it is wet. All slime costs $6.00 each with a limit of 2 per person and there are bags of Borax selling for $1.00 each. First in first served.
Summer Sports Draws -
Cricket and Touch Rugby Draws - Tuesday 30th October and Thursday 1st November
no draws at the time the newsletter was printed. These will be emailed out to you and put on the notice boards.
Cricket - Young Beginners Superstar Cricket Academy for kids aged 5-9 years at Centennial Oval on Saturday mornings from 9.30 to 10.15 am. Starts 3rd November and runs for 5 weeks and it is free. For more information, contact Sam Bastin on 027 649 0044 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youthtown Term 4 - Aqua Blast and Archery Workshops. The Aqua Blast is for years 7-13 and is held every Friday from 2nd November to 23rd November from 3.45 pm to 5.00 pm at Oamaru Intermediate School. The archery is a 4 week programme at Awamoa Park for years 5-8 and is held every Monday from 29th October to 19th November from 3.30 pm to 4.30 pm. Phone 434 6473 or 080 004 566 or Oamaru@youthtown.org.nz
- Messy Magic Adventure - held at the Oamaru Opera House on Sunday 4th November at 2.00 pm. Expect magic, mayhem and pies in the face in this crazy adventure for 4-12 year olds. The best of circus, slapstick and magic combine in this very special show for primary school aged children and their families. Fantastical fun with waterproof ponchos provided for those in the front row. Tickets are just $7.50 - $10.00 (+fee) from the Oamaru Opera House box office or online at oamaruoperahouse.co.nz
- MTO Theatre Restaurant "It Will Be A Cracker" Scottish Hall, Oamaru November 7th - 10th. Come along and share the fun as divorce lawyers Ditcher, Quick and Hyde hold their office Christmas Party. Bookings at the Oamaru Opera House or online at iticket.co.nz Great food, great music and lots of laughs guaranteed.
- The Business Hive - a new co-working space in Oamaru. They have large versatile training rooms which can be used for training sessions, workshops and meetings. Featuring a dedicated projector and screen, high speed WIFI, large whiteboard and full kitchen facilities including complimentary tea and coffee, the seating and tables can be configured to suit your needs (up to 30 people in a classroom format or up to 60 in a seating only format). They have a smaller meeting room available for workshops, training or interviews and is a fully equipped video conferencing suite. It also features high speed WIFI, whiteboard and shared access to the kitchen, tea and coffee. It seats up to eight comfortably. Both rooms can be accessed via the main entrance on Ribble Street or via France Street. Fee free to check the website at www.thebusinesshive.co.nz and to see more about the spaces mentioned, click the 'bookings' then 'choose your space'.