QUOTE FOR THE YEAR
Saturday 12th December - Paddy Spillane, Isaiah Castro and Lilly Kelcher
Sunday 13th December - Alexie Phillips, Lisiate Hausia and Rolfe Patalbo
Saturday 19th December - Lachlan & Mikayla Criddle and Luse Asi
Sunday 20th December - Ivy- Belle Mestrom
Saturday 26th December - David Kilgour and King Melecio
Sunday 27th December - Alexie Phillips and Lisiate Hausia
Saturday 2nd January - Clarence & Rheanna Coscos and Isaiah Castro
Sunday 3rd January - Ivy-Belle Mestrom and Indeg Jones-Hogan
Saturday 9th January - Lachlan & Mikayla Criddle
Sunday 10th January - Lisiate Hausia and Rolfe Patalbo
Saturday 16th January - Serah Staju, King Melecio and David Kilgour
Sunday 17th January - Ivy-Belle Mestrom
Saturday 23rd January - Clarence & Rheanna Coscos and Luse Asi
Sunday 24th January - Indeg Jones-Hogan, Alexie Phillips and Lilly Kelcher
Christmas Vigil and Mass - to be advised
Saturday 30th January - Paddy Spillane and Isaiah Castro
Sunday 31st January - Lisiate Hausia and Rolfe Patalbo
Birthday Greetings for December and January
December - Roger Luo, Ellie Clark, Sami Asi, Lachlan Criddle, Xanthe Clarke, Lucas Kofoed, Jasvee Kumar, Georgia Moore, Henry Hall and Chelsea Koay.
January - Jimmy Zeng, Mia Ridgway, Benjamin Jonathan, Hila'atu Leo, Maria Hafoka, Blake Meek, Willow Bartlett, Ivy-Belle & Theo Mestrom, Eli Herbst, Ricky Koay and Lachlan Wilkinson.
There is no assembly today and everyone is welcome to attend our last gathering on Wednesday at 11.30 am.
Buses - End of Year
- All buses will be running up to today Friday 11th December.
- The Tokarahi driver will continue driving his run until (& including) Wednesday 16th December. This will cater for all those St Joe’s children + any OIS students who use this bus route, out as far as whoever is the student who lives the furthest away on that route. This will also cater for any students that live in the Weston area that would normally catch the Airedale or Clifton Falls buses: dropping the students off at either Weston or at any point along the Weston-Ngapara Rd out of Weston township.
- The Maheno Bus will continue driving for those same 3 days catering for OIS and St Joe’s students that are normally on that bus + it will be able to deliver the children that would normally travel on the Hampden or Herbert buses out as far as Maheno township. This then will allow parents the option of only having to come that far towards Oamaru to meet up with their children, either in the morning or afternoon.
- The Maheno bus departs from outside the Bowling Club in the morning at 7.30 am for those 3 mornings and should get back to that location at approx 4.15 pm every afternoon.
- These directions represent the areas with the bulk of OIS and St Joe’s students that catch the country buses. All others would be required to make their way to and from school via private means for those last 2-3 days of the school year.
- RE 2021: As the first high schools back next year (WGHS & SKC) return on the 1st February 2021, the buses will start running again that day, even though WBHS does not return for another 2 days.
Please return all the bus / bike vests to the office on Monday and they will be reallocated next year if you require them.
Christmas and Holiday Mass Times
Basilica - Thursday 24th December - Vigil at 8.00 am
- Friday 25th December - Mass at 9.30 am
Kurow - Thursday 24th December - Vigil at 6.00 pm (carols from 5.40 pm
Sundays - January 3rd, 17th at 12 noon
Hampden - Christmas - no Mass
Sundays - no Mass
If you are moving addresses in the holidays or your contact details change including emergency contacts, please email office at email@example.com
Our cricket boys play their last game of cricket today and wish them all the best. Thanks to Carl Herbst and Justin Fowler for coaching/managing this team.
Here are some photos of the EOTC experience from last week.
Farewell the following Families
We farewell the following families who leave St Joseph's for high school. We thank them for their contributions to our school and wish them all the best.
- Cunningham, Fowler, Gulinao, Hubber, Jonathan, Ma, Patterson, Rollan, Seddon, Spillane, Strong, Tuffley, Wilkinson and Williams-McDowell.
We would like to thank in particular the Fowler family who have coached/managed various sports teams over the last 10 years including cricket, basketball/miniball, netball, rugby and touch. We thank you for generous time in coaching our teams.
Home and School
Hungry Horse Cafe
These are the February and March dates for the horse race meets and it would be appreciated if you could help out with one of these dates: Please let Rebecca Heffernan know if you can help out.
February - Wednesday 10th, Sunday 28th
March - Tuesday 2nd, Wednesday 10th, Sunday 28th
The Yr 1-6 disco is on tonight from 6.00 to 7.15 pm in our school hall. The theme is Christmas and costs $2.00 per child. Please bring the correct change as there will only be a small float. All children are to be collected at 7.15 pm thanks.
All the classes have looked at the lost property to see if anything belongs to them and taken what was theirs. However there is a huge amount of lost property on hooks in the foyer including brand new polar fleeces and shirts and even a kilt. Please come and claim anything that you want because it will be disposed of early next week. This includes shoes and rugby boots.
We are having a Christmas themed mufti day next Tuesday and there is no donation required.
Please refer to another page on the blog for slideshow photos for the EOTC, Intermediate Camp and Multicultural Day.
On Monday our road patrollers were rewarded with an end of year treat along with children from other schools. They visited the police station, had a swim and had subway for lunch. Thanks to our parent helpers who supervised the children.
We are hoping the photos will be delivered to school early next week before we finish and will inform you when they arrive.
All class stationery lists will be handed out next week with your reports and will be on the website for 2021. If you purchase your child's stationery from OfficeMax online at: myschool.co.nz you will be able to purchase at their very low Back to School discount prices which are available until the end of February.
Alternatively you can purchase packs online from www.paperplus.co.nz/back-to-school or in store at Paper Plus. If you already have certain parts of the stationery list, contact Paper Plus Oamaru who will organise a custom pack for you.
Both companies enable parents to purchase their children's stationery at lower prices and both companies will make a donation to St Joseph's.
Selling your House
LJ Hooker will give a donation to the school if they sell your house and you mention St Joseph's.
Sport Coaches and Managers
Thank you, thank you, thank you, words cannot describe how much you are appreciated for giving up your time in coaching and managing our sports teams. You are all superb and magnificent people who ensure that our children are able to play a sport. If you have managed a team and your name is not mentioned, please accept our apologies and we thank you very much for your time.
Basketball - Cranos Chikowore, Lucy Hitchcock (SKC) and Rachel Fowler
Cricket - Carl Herbst and Justin Fowler
Miniball - Judith Leo
Netball - Kelly Strachan, Mekeisha Hurley (SKC), Megan Phillips, Sara Jones-Hogan and Catarena Campbell
Rugby - Lee Woodhouse, Scott Bremner, Jacob Klemick (SKC), Andy Bradley, Rebecca Meek and David Taukolo
Touch - Lee Woodhouse, Suzanne Aston, Justin & Rachel Fowler, Adele Whiston, Victoria Forrest, Toby & Sam Grocott (SKC), Rebecca Meek and Jody Robinson
We have not received the senior swimming dates for term 1 next year as we are waiting confirmation from the Waitaki Aquatic Centre. There will be 6 swimming lessons overall with the first lesson in week 1. Dates and times will be sent out with the Back to School letter.
Parent Helpers - we will be asking for parent helpers/caregivers to help walk the children down to the pool with their lessons.
The juniors will have their 6 swimming lessons at the end of term 3.
Technology Dates for 2021
These classes will be held on Friday's at St Kevin's College and will start on Friday 12th March.
Cooper & Hunt Dentists and our local Dental Therapist (Judith Leo) have kindly donated toothbrushes and guides for all children in years 1-6 and would like to remind children about brushing their teethl.
A friend reminder to ensure your children brush their teeth twice a day over the festive season. Please take the time to help them with their brushing and make sure all the plaque has been removed. Children of all ages benefit from gently flossing at least once a day but they will need your help to do this.
Avoid sticky foods such as dried fruits, lollies, muesli bars and remember that snacking often cause tooth decay. Teeth need time to heal between meals.
Enjoy the holidays and have a very Merry Christmas.
Tuesday was the last touch rugby game and we had two teams playing for placings. The Yr 4/5/6 girls Fern team and the Yr 4/5/6 Rockets team. Congratulations to the girls who got 2nd in a tightly and hard fought game. Their score was 3-4. The boys also had a tough game playing for 3rd and 4th and lost 2-5.
Can coaches please return all touch bags to the office on Monday. A notice regarding new touch teams will come out in late January.
Adele will kindly open the uniform shop on Friday 29th January from 10.00 am to 2.00 pm and again on Monday 1st February from 8.15 to 9.15 am.
The uniform shop will love donations of any school and PE uniforms that are not required anymore. Please drop them off to the office.
- Active Kids Waitaki Holiday Programme - please see attached flyer for further information.
- Waitaki District Library Summer Reading Programme - please see attached flyer for further information.
- Youthtown Summer Holiday Programme - please see attached flyer for further information