Saturday 17th September - Elenoa & Halalova Asi, Seth Sinclair, Lachlan Brookes and Elizabeth Plieger
Sunday 18th September - Michael Misiloi, Hana & Zara Davies and Molly-May Mestrom
Birthday Greetings to:
Arthur Cartlidge, Hamish Fowler, Ella Murphy and Charlotte Thornley
Fire Wise Programme
This week Bernie Miller and Nick Parsons from the Oamaru Volunteer Fire Department came in to show children from Yrs 1-4 about Fire Wise Safety. They were told where a safe place was if a fire started, what to do and how to get out if a fire started in your building, the do's and don'ts of fire and hearing the noise of smoke alarms being activated. The children were excited by what they had learnt.
If anybody has some games or lego that is not being used any more and would like to donate them to Before School Care, it would be very much appreciated.
To 12 of our students who are competing at the Tae kwon do Union NZ National Tournament in Christchurch this weekend. They will be competing against 200 sparring and pattern competitors in age,weight, belts and gender groups. Joseph Spillane is the highest ranked in this group as he is one belt away from a black belt. The belts range from white with yellow tip, yellow with green tip, green with blue tip, blue with red tip, red with black tip and then black and there are 9 Dans after that. The tournament starts at yellow belt at any age and when you get to age 13, you are allowed to lead kick. The children wear a robe called a Do Bock and wear protective equipment. Good luck to:
Noah Jenkinson, Keane Pe, Joseph Spillane, Lester Cavinta, John Orillo, Paolo Mordeno, Sebastian Spillane, Zyanya Pe, William Pardede, Paddy Spillane, Warren Pardede and Hunter Gough.
Can all library books be returned to the blue box outside the office by Monday 19th September.
There are 11 school jerseys, 7 jackets, sports socks, shoes, hats, track pants and a variety of tops and shorts in the Lost Property basket. ALL UNNAMED. Please have a look to see if anything belongs to your child before the end of term otherwise they will be given to the Uniform Shop or St Vincent de Paul.
Oamaru Busy Bumbles
Look out for the attached flyer to the email regarding the Busy Bumbles holiday programme held here at St Joseph's. Only $20 per day. Please contact Jocelyn Marsh on 027 552 2756 or 434 8073 for further information. You can check their website on www.busybumbles.co.nz
Reminder about our Sports Awards for the St Joseph's Sports Club held tonight at 6.30 pm. The children come in mufti clothes tonight.
If anyone has spare coat hangers, can they please donate them to the Uniform Shop thanks.
Every second week our Young Vinnies are busy visiting the elderly or doing and making things for them. Lately the Yr 8 Young Vinnies have been making wheat bags to give to the elderly in our community. Here Mackenzie Cunningham, Elizabeth Plieger, Tyla Bolitho and Michael Misiloi show their handiwork.
Top Schools Gymnastic Display
Yesterday we entered 4 teams in the annual Top Schools Gymnastic competition at the Drill Hall in the 7 years & under, 8 & 9 years, 10 & 11 years and 12 years and over grades. They competed against gymnasts from other schools rom the North Otago area on bar, beam, floor and vault. Results are as follows:
7 years and under - 2nd place to Ruby McNaught, Eva Keno, Hannah Burke and Holly Cartlidge
8 & 9 years - 3rd place to Sam Asi, Samuel McNaught, Hannah Fowler and Luse Asi
10 & 11 years - 2nd place to Mya Lindsay, Hannah Miller, Max Fatafehi, Isabella McNaught and Ellie Jorgensen (fill in)
12 years & over - 2nd place to Chanel Williams, Michael Misiloi, Grace Keno and Kelly Sinclair
Thank you to Miss Lind and all the parents who helped with transport and everything else. Our camera ran out of battery so we apologise for there not being any photos in the older age groups.
Click the link to view the photos: Top Schools Gymnastic Competition
Creative Fusion Open Day and Term 4 Enrolment Day - Monday 19th September at House of Breakthrough Oamaru from 3.30 to 4.30 pm. Dress up in your favourite costume or crazy outfit and come try out our Contemporary Ballet and Fusion (Jazz/Street Funk) classes (free of charge for all first time visitors) and enrol for term 4. Enquiries to Nicola on 027 841 9922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Otago Cricket Holiday Programme - holiday programme for children aged 5 to 12 years of age. Conducted by NOCA professional coaches. All equipment provided, great giveaways, small sided games and skill sessions with an emphasis on fun. The dates are from Wednesday 28th to Friday 30th September (3 day course). 5 to 8 years from 9.30 to 11.00 am and 9 to 12 years from 11.15 am to 12.45 pm. Held at St Kevin's gym and astroturf and costs $30 per child. To enrol contact Derek Walker on 027 649 0000 or email email@example.com
- Youthtown Holiday Programme - at Pembroke Primary school. Holiday Programme introduce a friend and you will get $50 credit and the After School Programme, sign up for term 4 and get a $50 credit. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- The Great North Otago Tato Roll Off - held on Saturday 8th October at Tyne Street corner of the Farmers Market between 11.00 and 12.00 noon on the day. First race at 12.30. Kids race $2 per potato, public race $5 per potato and byo potato $3 per entry.
- Cancer Society Fashion Show Fundraiser - held at the Loan and Mercantile, Harbour St, Oamaru on Wednesday 12th October at 7.00 pm. Canapes and complimentary beverage on arrival. Raffles and Pop up shops. $30 per person. Tickets available from Preens, Neat Feet, Caroline Eve and Rayna Hamilton. Phone 431 7897 or 027 362 4980.
- The Rainbow Confectionary 5km Rainbow Run - is being held on Saturday 15th October at 11.00 am at the Oamaru Racecourse. This is a family friendly event for all ages. Tickets are $10 per person or $30 for a family. Fore more information and for registrations, visit http://www.sportsground.co.nz/waitakicrc/88755/ or the Waitaki Recreation Centre.
- North Otago Sporting Volunteers - nominations are now being called for outstanding sporting volunteers. Schools, clubs or groups can nominate a person that has gone the extra mile at www.sportotago.co.nz/regional-offices/sport-waitaki or via the Sport Waitaki Facebook page. All nominees will be invited to a recognition evening on the 13th of October where they will be thanked and awarded prizes from the Lotto Volunteers Programme.