I want to take this opportunity to thank you for the privilege of working with your children. They are a joy. They are mannerly, respectful, kind and they all show our school values of respect, reverence, resilience and relationship. Of course not all the time, no-one's perfect. But our children have good strategies for facing up and dealing with things when they are not perfect and even better, they know and expect us, the adults around them, to support them with this. I love coming to work and working with your children.
At St Joseph's we constantly strive to Reach for the Stars as Lifelong Learners in the Catholic Faith. We've had a great term and here are some highlights:
- Celebration of oral language - the children shared some amazing speeches and recitals
- Three interschool sports competitions for our intermediates.
- National Young Leaders Day for the year 8s.
- Sacrament of Confirmation
- Enviroschools development and social sciences teaching
- We have learnt about God and Creation which helped us understand about our Earth.
- We have learnt about Church - so that we understand we have a responsibility to do something about our environment.
- Children have been learning drumming and ukelele.
- Our Filipino class, Pasifika group and Kapa Hapa groups have continued.
- All children have been supported to make sustained improvement in oral language.
- Our students are making good progress with all their learning and can show they are achieving.
- Our Dominican Choir and Year 7 & 8s participated in the North Otago Music festival - what a great celebration of your talent.
Tomorrow, Friday 5th is Mufti Mania. This is something all Catholic Schools in New Zealand participate in together. Children wear their own clothes (mufti) and bring a gold coin donation. This will provide new water tanks and toilets and repair classrooms for Doputz Primary School on Bougainville. This school has been closed due to ill repair and lack of resources. Our combined effort will help to open it again.
Congratulations to Morgan Lee who has gained the deputy principal position at Papakaio School. In term 4 Mrs Jennifer Streat will co-teach with Mrs Lena Klenner in Ruma Kiwi.
Children will be given their reports to take home tomorrow. For children with parents in separate locations, reports are posted to both parents. If we don't know the location of one of the parents, two reports will go to the location we know, with the child. The reports are the opening of a conversation which will be continued at interviews next term. Please book your time.
Interviews are Tuesday 30th June and Monday 5th August. You can book your time at www.schoolinterviews.co.nz using the code rexwq
Reminder - Teacher Only Day - SCHOOL WILL BE CLOSED, Friday 9th August.
From the staff and students at St Joseph's we wish you a happy and safe holiday.
God Bless and Aroha,