Saturday 29th June - Paddy & Joseph Spillane and Madison & Cooper Jones
Sunday 30th June - Alexie Phillips and Hana Davies
Siaosi Asi, Kristiana Whiston, Alexie Phillips, Mya Lindsay, Milah Anderson, Indeg Jones-Hogan, Mikayla Criddle, Anthony Chen and Kaycee-Mae Gibbins.
Please check your child's hair and treat if necessary.
All students are to wear mufti next Friday (last day of term) for Caritas. Please bring a gold coin donation.
North Otago Music Festival
St Joseph's is performing next Tuesday night at the Opera House. If you still require a ticket, please leave your name at the office and we will try and get you a ticket. Tickets cost $8.00 each.
Programmes - are to be given away free at the Opera House by the staff as families enter - one per family.
- doors open at 6.30 pm
- no children to arrive before 6.30 pm as that makes the Opera House management grouchy. Also they must enter at the side entrance.
- all choir members need to be backstage by 6.45 pm
- door sales (if any) at 6.30 pm
- concert commences at 7.00 pm
- schools will be allocated areas backstage at the Opera House to meet. The convenor will show you your rooms at the morning practice.
- for parents who are picking their child up from the Opera House after the show, it will finish between 8.30 and 8.40 pm.
- children (no parents) enter the Opera House via the side entrance (into glassed area, between the Opera House and the old courthouse). Parents will need to enter the Opera House via the front entrance.
- please get the children to leave their jackets, jerseys with their parents when dropping off as they will not be back to their rooms after the show to pick them up.
- visit toilets BEFORE entering the Opera House
- stairways at the side of stage are out of bounds (except to children moving to and from stage)
- no presentation of gifts or flowers are permitted on stage
- be STILL AND QUIET during ALL the items, as all movements are clearly visible to the audience.
- children to meet parents in the foyer/lower auditorium (schools can arrange what area)
- no child is to leave the Opera House without a parent/adult please
- no drink bottles or food back stage
Parent Student Conferences
School interviews will be held on Tuesday 30th July and Monday 4th August from 3.15 to 8.00 pm. Please book your time for you and your child by going to www.schoolinterviews.co.nz and entering the code rexwq otherwise notify the office and we can book a time for you.
Subway Lunch Coordinator
We are looking for someone to coordinate the subway lunches on a Friday morning for approximately 40 minutes from 8.45 am as our wonderful Mrs Tuffley is stepping down at the end of term. Please contact the office if you are interested in helping out.
St Joseph's Timaru Inter-school
Today our Yr 8 students travel down to Mosgiel to compete in the annual St Mary's inter-school where they will compete in netball, basketball, rugby and football. Good luck to all involved.
On Tuesday our Yr 7 & 8 students competed in another inter-school against St Joseph's from Timaru. They travelled down here and we played chess, basketball mixed and boys, netball rippa rugby and football. All the games were played in good spirit with Oamaru winning overall. Thank you very much to the St Kevin's College referees and coaches and our parents for giving up your time to help out in our interschool. Results are:
Netball Yr 8 - Oamaru
Netball Yr 7 - Timaru
Rugby - Oamaru
Football - Timaru
Basketball mixed - Oamaru
Basketball boys - Oamaru
Chess - Oamaru
St Kevin's College Filipino Evening
On Tuesday 2nd July they are hosting an evening for the local Filipino Community at 6pm in the Hostel Dining Room. St Kevin's College students will be performing traditional Filipino dances and songs. Food will be provided, but families are welcome to bring their own plate. Children from all ages are also invited to attend.
The purpose of the evening is to establish links between Filipino communities in the primary and secondary schools, to ensure families can connect with each other and celebrate Filipino culture.
If you have any questions about the evening please contact Kerry Ryan at email@example.com
Giant Leaps Broadway Kids
Calling all future Broadway Kids! Get involved in our action packed Musical Theatre classes. Perform songs and scenes from what's hot on Broadway - taught by musical theatre and industry professionals. Sing with guitar and keyboard accompaniment. Learn about microphones and lights. Get your spot in the limelight with solos, acting lines and group performances.
Broadway Kids Years 1-5 - Tuesday and Thursday class options from 3.30 to 4.30 pm
Broadway Kids Years 6-8 - Tuesday and Thursday class options from 4.30 to 5.30 pm
08004SPEECH or visit www.giantleaps.nz/musicaltheatre for more information and online enrolment form and fees.
- North Otago Rugby Shield Dinner - "A Night with the Stars" is held on Thursday 25th July at the Loan & Merc Building at 6.30 pm. Formal dress is jacket and tie. The meal is a buffet dinner with guest speakers, live music and an auction. There is 2 bottles of wine gratis on table with a cash bar. Tickets cost $110 per person (10 at a table). For tickets contact the North Otago Rugby Union on 434 2053, 027 286 7870 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Needs Pool Party - the North Otago Lions Club is once again sponsoring this pool party with the support of the Waitaki Aquatic Centre. This is to be held at the Waitaki Aquatic Centre on Saturday 3rd August from 6.00 to 7.30 pm. Any person with special needs is welcome but must be accompanied by a support person. All registrations are required by 25th July. Phone the Aquatic Centre on 433 0410 to register which is free. After the swim, there will be a sausage and patty sizzle, drink and sweets so if any dietary needs are required, let them know so they can cater for them. This BBQ is free to all including carers.