Holy Thursday - 7.00 pm - Michael Misiloi, Samuel Plieger and Annalise Kilgour
Good Friday - 3.00 pm - Daniel and Jonathan Jorgensen and Michael Misiloi
Saturday Vigil - 8.00 pm - Elenoa Asi, Jonathan Jorgensen and Michael Misiloi
Easter Sunday - 9.30 am - Michael Misiloi and Max Fatafehi
Daniel Maher, Tevita Leo and Seini Hausia
Home & School Mud Run
It's getting closer now and only 10 sleeps away. It promises to be a great day and they urgently require more people to help as marshalls. Please contact Rebecca Heffernan on 027 432 4056 if you can help.
Can all library books be returned to the box outside the school office by Friday 6th April please.
Peter McMullan will be unavailable for piano lessons on the following days:
Friday 30th March (Good Friday), Monday 2nd April (Easter Monday), Friday 6th and Monday 9th April as he is away. He will be back on Friday 13th April.
We are selling poppies on behalf of the RSA and they cost a gold coin donation. All proceeds go back to North Otago RSA.
The primary school tournament has been postponed to next Thursday 5th April. We require transport to and from the venue. so if you can help, please let Mrs Brien know. Coaches are confirmed for all teams. The draw is currently on our school website but there have been a couple of changes. The new one will go there when we receive it.
Does anyone have small pinafores, boys small winter shirts and shorts that they would like to donate to the uniform shop. Please drop them to the office. They are selling football/rugby socks for $15 each.
Team Lists - these confirmed team lists are on another page of the blog and will be put on the website next week.
Sports Fees - the fees for each code will be confirmed in next week's newsletter. Please ensure payment is made before the first week in May otherwise you may not be able to take the court,field.
Coaches - we still need a couple of coaches, one for the 6 year old rugby team and one for the football midget team. I need to send sport entries away and unfortunately without a coach, I won't be able to field teams for those codes.
Our school is entering a primary grade team which will be coached by Tim McEvoy, first practice is Tuesday 10th April. Some of our children will join other clubs for this year.
The midget grade this year has a new programme called New Zealand Football First Kicks. Instead of 5 a-side games where kids get minimal touches of the ball, this programme has been developed. This is a skills development programme which is organised at a central venue each week. They are fun, competitive and skills based activities/games which vary on a weekly basis. It is held at the Showgrounds each Friday from 4.30 to 5.15 pm. Players need to be registered so we will register our midget players.
Future Ferns Festival Day will be held at the North Otago Netball courts on Thursday 5th April. Costs $5 per person and cash only. Yr 1-4 is from 4.00 - 5.00 pm and Yr 5-8 from 5.00 to 6.00 pm. This is a fun afternoon for netball players.
St Joseph's Ferns have a friendly run round against Fenwick next Friday 6th April after school at St Joseph's. Details out later.
On Saturday 7th April North Otago Rugby will be holding a rugby smart/small blacks course at Excelsior Clubrooms at 10.00 am. The course will involve breaking down each age group and having some senior coaches to help with drills/skills/games.
This is a great opportunity for all coaches to come along to this to make it worthwhile. There will be an associate referees course being held at the same time.
A new initiative by the North Otago Basketball Association has been passed to train and develop referees. Referees once trained will receive payment for refereeing.
On Tuesday 10th April, Melony from Basket New Zealand will be running a RULES CLINIC & REFEREE TRAINING at the Waitaki Rec Centre from 5.00 to 8.00 pm
Rules Clinic - 5.00 to 7.00 pm
Referee Training - 7.00 to 8.00 pm
Both sessions are FREE and you can attend one or both sessions.
People wanting to become a paid referee will need to attend both trainings. Future ongoing training and assessments will be part of the eligibility criteria. If you require further information, please contact Susan on 027 222 2187 or email@example.com
Anyone wishing to attend these clinics please let Susan know ASAP.
We warmly welcome Ben Gillies to our Yr 5 classroom this week.
- Youthtown Yr 7 & 8 Programme - Workshop every Monday from 21st May to 18th June from 3.30 to 4.30 pm at Oamaru Intermediate school. Costs $40 for 4 sessions. Contact www.youthtown.org.nz or phone 027 886 3146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youthtown Holiday Programme - brochures are available from the school office and include day trips, swimming, action day, ten pin bowling and lyrical magic workshop. Contact Youthtown for more details or pick up a brochure.
- Wanaka Trail Ride - a fundraiser for Montessori Children's Home & Wanaka Primary School. Held on Sunday 22nd April - ANZAC weekend. To register and further information go to wanakatrailride.org
- FunFit Kids - a fun fitness programme for primary school kids. 45 minutes of fun and fitness. Held on Friday's at 4.00 pm for 6 weeks starting Friday 18th May to Friday 22nd June. Costs $36 per child. For further information, contact the Rec Centre on 434 6932.
- 10 Week Circuit Challenge - runs during the school terms and starts on Monday 30 April. $225 for non members and $125 for Rec Centre members. You can join any time. There are 3 group training sessions per week which include muscular endurance, strength and cardio workouts. These are designed to improve fitness, aid body toning and weight loss. Held on Mon/Wed/Fri mornings from 9.00 to 10.00 am. Contact the Rec Centre on 434 6932 for further info.