Saturday 26th September - Elizabeth & Samuel Plieger, Matthew Gough and Isabella McNaught
Sunday 27th September - Ellie Jorgensen and Stefanie & Sylvia Lavrijsen
Saturday 3rd October - Elenoa & Halalova Asi, Lachlan Brookes and Seth Sinclair
Sunday 4th October - Michael & Jerome Misiloi, Tess McAtamney and Joel Kunnethedan
Saturday 10th October - Indya & Mackenzie Cunningham, Ben Cullimore and Joshua Criddle
Sunday 11th October - Rhea Ratgali, Grace Keno and Seth Bartley
Birthday Greetings to:
Tegan Souness, Ziah Rollan, Antonia Black, Jonathan Paton, Stephanie Morondoz, Kenton Tokai, David Kilgour, Paige Geypen, Yneke Edzes, Ayla Vincent, Ashlyn Marshall, Ellie & Timothy Jorgensen, Troy and Trish Chikowore and Adriana Wylie-Taukol
To all of our children who will be participating in sporting and cultural fixtures during the holidays, especially Cameron Mather, Duran Cooper, Jacob Fowler and Toby Lewis who are competing in the U13 North Otago Boys Basketball South Island tournament in Invercargill in the holidays.
There will be no gymnastic club on Friday 25th September as it is the last day of the term.
Pet Day 2015
The school council is organising a Pet Day on Friday 16th October (first Friday in term 4) and all forms have to be handed back into the office by tomorrow. Further information will come out at the beginning of week 1 in term 4.
Reminder that there will be school photos on the first Tuesday of school. Family photos will be taken in the morning before school starts and further information will sent home on Monday 12th October.
School Transport Assistance
An assistance form for transport is available from the Ministry of Education for students attending a state or state-integrated school. To be eligible the student's home must be more than:
- 3.2 km from their nearest appropriate school (St Joseph's) if they are in years 1-8
- suitable public transport is not available anywhere between the student's home and their nearest appropriate school
This assistance is for students who either have to travel by car to catch a bus which is more than 2.4 kms from their roadside gate of their home to school or the students have to change buses more than once on their journey to school.
Please go to the Ministry of Education website www.education.govt.nz/school/running-a-school/using-school-transport/ if you require further information or to download a form.
Any children interested in playing a summer sport apart from Touch Rugby, please email Mrs Souness as soon as possible what sport your child would like to play, their name and age or leave your details at the office.
- T-Ball/Softball - game day is Wednesday nights and if there is enough interest in either T-Ball or Softball, the competition will start up again.
- Summer Hockey - starts Monday 19th October at 4.00 pm
- Cricket - this is for all types of cricket including Milo cricket. Practices will be Wednesdays at 3.15 pm and the games are on Saturday mornings. Milo cricket details will be available next term.
The shop is open on Mondays from 8.30 to 9.00 am and again on Thursday afternoon from 2.30 to 3.00 pm. They require any summer uniforms, small jerseys and any good second hand school shoes which can be donated and is much appreciated. Remember term 4 is summer uniform and school hats.
- U13 North Otago Boys Basketball Car Wash - held on Saturday 26th September at the old Caltex next to Resene Paints. Costs $5.00 per car. Proceeds goes towards their South Island tournament. Help support 4 of our children with their fundraising.
- Tuvalu Language Week - celebrate Tuvalu language week at the Oamaru Library and the local Tuvalu Community will host a performance at 4.30 pm.
- Tennis 2015/2016 Registration - register your child for juniors on Friday 25th September from 4.00 to 5.00 pm at Waitaki Girls and seniors on Saturday 26th September from 1.00 - 3.00 pm at Waitaki Girls courts. If you cannot make these days, please register online at www.northotagotennis.com/new-player-registration-form
- Illuminating New Zealand Celebration of Light - held at the Otago Museum on Sunday 27th September. Cost is free. There will be public talks, science show, hands on science activities and technology demonstrations and light matter kits to take home.
- Active Kids Holiday Programme - running from Monday 5th to Friday 9th October from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm at the Waitaki Community Rec Centre. $6 per day or $25 for the week. Sports include squash, touch, duathlon, croquet, petanque, badminton, karate and an amazing race. Go to www.sportsground.co.nz/waitakicrc or contact Sport Waitaki to register.
- Battle of the Books - held at the Oamaru Opera House on Tuesday 6th October. Join in for this fast paced and epic Battle of the Books. Teams will compete in three rounds, presenting 60 second re-enactments of key parts of books. Prizes for every participant. This activity runs from 10.00 am to 12.00 pm with lunch from 12.00 - 12.30 pm then continues till 3.30 pm. Ages 8 and up. $5 registration fee and lunch is provided. For bookings and information email email@example.com
- School Holidays Tennis Coaching and Game Play - Monday 5th to Wednesday 7th October from 9.00 to 11.00 am either at the Weston or Waitaki Girls Tennis courts. Cost is $30 daily or $70 for the 3 days when you book and pay online http://www.northotagotennis.com/coaching/ Enquiries to 027 284 9578
- Rainbow Confectionery 5 km Rainbow Run - held on Saturday 17th October at the Oamaru Racecourse at 11.00 am. Wear a white outfit and get covered in coloured powder at each of our 5 rainbow stations as you walk or run the 5 km course. Costs $10 per person or $30 for a family pass of 2 adults and 2 children, extra child $5.00. For more information and registration go to www.sportsground.co.nz/waitakicrc Registrations are vital as numbers are limited.
- Waitaki Boys High School Amazing Race - held on Sunday 1st November. Teams of two consisting of one adult and one child (yr 3-8) complete a set of varied tasks and challenges. It will be lots of fun for young and old no matter what your fitness levels are. For more information and entry forms go to www.waitakibhs.school.nz/sports