Saturday 22nd August - Joseph & Sebastian Spillane, Maximus Fatafehi and Vince Vidallon
Sunday 23rd August - Cameron & Laura Mather, Antonia Black and Sebastian Whiston
Birthday Greetings to:
Cameron Mather, Georgia Fox, Henry Robinson, Neighton Fraser, Lucas Shaw and Eva Keno
Cross Country Certificates
These certificates will be handed out at assembly on Friday 28th August at 2.30 pm.
A silver necklace and gold ear ring has been handed into the office. Please collect them if it is yours.
Home & School First Aid Kits
The kits can be collected from the school hall on Friday 28th August from 3.00 pm.
Our school is a large family and we always need to be looking at how we can better look after one another. Our parish/school freezer is one way we can help by providing something practical that shows our love and support. I want to encourage any of you who know of anyone in the school community who is unwell or needs a visit to take food from the freezer and be there for that family on our behalf. Elaine at the parish office would show you where the freezer is as well. If you have any thoughts or ideas, please contact me. Blessings Jocelyn Marsh, Parish/School Liaison.
The new dates for Technology for Term 4 for Yr 7 & 8 will be Thursday 26th and Friday 27th November and Thursday 3rd and 4th December.
The Junior Learning Hub 2 is selling jars of tomato relish for $4.00 each. Please see the JLH2 teachers (Mrs Burke and Miss Day) if you are interested. All money raised is going towards the missions.
The Junior Learning Hub 2 would like donations of any spare hammers and screw drivers as part of their investigation unit. Please drop them off to either Mrs Burke or Miss Day.
We warmly welcome 2 new students to school this week. Warren Pardede to the new entrants class and Royden Barbour to Yr 2.
- Quiz Night for St Kevin's Top 5 Boys & Girls Basketball Fundraiser - held on Monday 31st August at the Northstar Restaurant starting at 7.00 pm. Teams of 6 people and costs $30.00 per team. If you are interested in putting in a team, please contact Colleen Newberry on 027 773 9615 or Chris Brien on 027 437 4367.
- Community Gardens - present an evening with Chris Skellett and Annwyn Hanham. Simple truths for complex lives and peaceful mind, compassionate heart. This fundraiser is to raise funds for Kids-Growing - a district wide school edible garden initiative. Held on Friday 4th September at 7.00 pm at St Kevin's College Auditorium. Tickets cost $20 and are available from Oamaru Farmers Market and Health 2000.
- Oamaru Repertory Auditions for 'Alice the Panto' - there are parts for children and adults. Scripts available from Thursday 27th August at 7.00 pm and auditions on Saturday 29th August at 2.30 pm at the Repertory Theatre on Itchen Street. For more information, contact Judith on 434 2213.
- Navigating Diabetes - an information evening about diabetes will be held on Wednesday 2nd September at 6.30 pm at the Pembroke School hall. Free entry.
- Asthma North Otago Balloon Day Fun Time - for children with asthma to be held in conjunction with Sport Waitaki, is to be held between 11.00 am and 1.00 pm on Saturday 5th September. Phone Debbie for registrations which include lunch, mini golf, amazing race, balloon clown etc on 434 3202 by Friday 4th September.