Friday 18 August 2023

1. Principals News - Week 5, Term 3 2023

Dear Parents and Whanau

By the time you receive this newsletter, the application for the principal's position at St Joseph's will have closed.  We intend to interview before the end of the term and will inform you of the outcome as soon as we are able.

On Leave
One of the conditions of me taking the relieving principal's position was that I was able to continue with travel plans that I had made last year.  I will be away from school for four weeks from next Thursday in order to visit my daughter in England.  I will be back on the first day of next term until the end of the year.  I am sorry for this disruption but my wife and I had made bookings and arrangements prior to me being approached by the school.

In my absence, Nicola Winders will be the Acting Principal.  Please contact her if you have any issues or concerns.

Covid 19
The government has scrapped all regulations and restrictions around Covid 19 as of this week.  There is no longer a requirement for students and staff to be away for 7 days.  What we do ask is that if your child is ill no matter what ailment, they stay at home until they are better.

Change of Staff
As many of you will be aware, our teacher in Hoiho (Yr 5/6)  Mia Norwood, has been on medical leave.  Mia has subsequently resigned from her position.  Mrs Ann Dooley has stepped into the position of teacher of Hoiho for the rest of the year.

While I am away, Takahe (Intermediate) will be taken by two teachers Corrin Windwill and Theanne Bulatao in a job share situation.

Board Member Position 
We have a vacancy on our Board of Trustees for a parent/whanau representative.  We would like to give you some forward notice to consider the position or to discuss with another member of the community that you think may be suited to the position.  We will have nomination forms available shortly.  Our next Board meeting is on Tuesday 12th September.  You may like to come along and sit in on our meeting.

Cross Country
A reminder notice about next Tuesday's cross-country is on another page in the blog.  A paper copy will also come home with the children today.  Our school still needs to supply at least 4 more marshalls in order to run this event safely.  Please contact Paula Brien if you are able to help.


God Bless
Allan Mitchell
Acting Principal

No comments:

Post a Comment