Saturday 19th August - Joshua Criddle, Molly Whittaker, Anika Winders and Nye Jones-Hogan
Sunday 20th August (First Communion) - Daniel & Jonathan Jorgensen and Molly-May Mestrom
Birthday Greetings to
Hunter Gough, Georgia Fox, Henry Robinson and Neight Fraser
If you have any unused car seats that meet the current health and safety standards for car restraints and are no longer needed by your children, consider donating these car seats to people who want to visit family members who are in prison, mainly in Milton. Seats from small baby to booster seats are needed. The Prisoner Aid and Rehabilitation Society (PARS) people in Oamaru will be responsible for looking after and lending the car seats. The Catholic Women's League are collecting these as part of their community service and the contact person is Coleen Blackmore on 434 8133.
Cross Country Winners
Congratulations to the following students who received their Cross Country trophies at assembly last Friday. Absent from the photo was Hotili Asi.
Yr 4 - Eva Keno and Thomas McGeown
Yr 5 - Phoebe Wickham and Michael Woodhouse
Yr 6 - Bridie McGeown and Jacob Robinson
Yr 7 - Hannah Miller and Hotili Asi/Sebastian Spillane
Yr 8 - Molly Whittaker and William Moore
After another successful food fair last year, we are in planning for this year's event. It will be held on Sunday 29th October on the school grounds with gates opening at 10.30 am and food available from 11.00 am to 1.00 pm. We want this day to be a fun, family day filled with music and great food. Mark this date in your phone. We do need your help with following items:
- $10 per family to buy food for the food stalls. Money into office by Tuesday 29th August.
- gazebos (and help to put up/take down on Sunday 29th October
- 50 cakes to be baked for the Cake Wheel, cake notice on wall outside office door
- help on the day, manning stalls, putting up and taking down gazebos
If you can help with any of these items, please put your name up on the lists in the office foyer or contact Rebecca Heffernan on 027 432 4056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Each class is going to be running an activity or a stall and parents and students will be needed on the day to help with their class activity and of course enjoy the great food and entertainment on offer. If you are available to help, please let your teacher know. More details will follow.
North Otago Girls Only Cricket Coaching for Yr 5 upwards
Our school received this information last week once the news blog had been done and therefore we missed out on advertising the session for last Monday. However if you are interested in cricket, contact Derek Walker on email@example.com or 027 649 0000. There is 3 more sessions of the winter coaching programme.
Click the link to view last week's Cross Country photos and Speech photos from this week. We are trying different ways of presenting these photos so if have difficulty opening the links, please let us know.
Speech Photos Cross Country photos
Sunday 20 - First Communion Mass
Monday 21 - North Otago Cross Country and Pasifika Fono, Filipino Pagsasama & Chinese Cultural meetings
Tuesday 22 - Hockey sessions for Yr 1-4
Wednesday 23 - Singing Cup Auditions
Please return your Cross Country slip and netball slips and money to the office by tomorrow.
Yr 8 Quiz Night
The Yr 8's are holding a quiz night as a fundraiser for their Mt Somer's camp in November. The quiz will be held on Monday 11th September at 7.00 pm in the Northstar. Costs $30 per team and up to 6 people in a team. Lots of great raffle prizes to be won. Register your team by Wednesday 6th September. Contact Morgan Tangney on firstname.lastname@example.org to register or ring St Joseph's on 434 8856.
- Quiz Night for Kakanui School - held tonight at 7.00 pm at Purton's Cafe & Bar Maheno. $30 per team and up to 6 players in a team. Raffles and prizes.
- "Euthanasia, we can live without it" - come and hear why David Seymour's End of Life Choice Bill poses a serious threat to frail and disabled people. Brendan Malone from Focus on the Family is speaking at the Brydone Hotel on Friday 18th August at 7.30 pm.
- Oamaru Farmers Market Spud in a Bag Competition - get your free entry kit from Oamaru Farmers Market on Sundays during August and September between the hours of 9.30 am and 1.00 pm down in the Harbour Area. Judging on Sunday 17th December.
- A Festival of Russian Ballet - held at the Opera House on Thursday 31st August at 8.00 pm. Book now on 0800 224 224 or visit www.ticketdirect.co.nz