Saturday 10th June - Sam Asi, Max Fatafehi, Samuel Plieger and Bronson Bartlett
Sunday 11th June - Seth Bartley, Henry Robinson and Benjamin Taufa
Birthday Greetings to
William Pardede and Magnus Heaphy
If anyone is interested in gathering for a coffee and a chat on Wednesday mornings, please contact Jocelyn Marsh for further information.
Taekwondo - At the weekend, Paddy Spillane and Warren & William Pardede travelled to Invercargill to compete at the Taekwondo Union South Island Championship Tournament. They boys competed in their respective weight and height grades and came away with silver medals each. Paddy competed in the red tip, William green tip and Warren yellow belt, green tip grades. Well done.
Swimming - During the weekend, 6 of our students who swim for the Oamaru Swim Club competed at the Neptune Swim Meet held in Dunedin which is the big swim meet of the new season. Between them they got 3 firsts, 4 seconds and 5 third placings with personal best times achieved with all of them. Elenoa and Corbin swam in a combined relay to finish second in both races. Well done.
Country Clash Day
Yesterday the House Captains organised a Country Clash day for the children in Yrs 5-8. They dressed up in the colours of either Australia, Brazil, Finland, Great Britain, New Zealand, Spain and Sweden and played sports like basketball, bench ball, football, rippa rugby and table tennis under their countries name. A gold coin donation was given towards their fundraising efforts to buy and plant trees up at Cape Wanbrow. The overall winner will be announced next week.
Good LuckTo our Yr 5/6 Rippa Rugby team who are competing in the final of the Rippa Rugby Tournament in Ashburton next Thursday.
Induction Evening for New Enrolments
Lions Club Speech Competition
Entry forms for Yrs 5-8 are at the office and close on Monday 12th June.
National Ballet Visit
The New Zealand National Ballet is coming to Oamaru on Tuesday 20th June at 12.30 pm. The Yr 5-8 children have been given a wonderful opportunity to view this cultural event and will be walking to and from the Opera House. There will be cost for the children.
North Otago Music Festival Tickets
Tickets are for sale in the office for $8.00 each and only two tickets are allocated per family. They are available till Friday 16th June.
This term Years 6/7 and 8 families are asked to donate either non-perishable food items or cooked food items to the parish freezer. If you are in a position to contribute, please drop off your food items to the office.
It is great to see the children being constructive in the sandpit during their break times.
Wednesday Pie Lunches
A reminder to send in thawed pies as the frozen ones take too long to defrost.
We warmly welcome Mikayla Pine who started school last week to our new entrants class.
- Fun and Fitness for Primary School Kids - held at the Waitaki Rec Centre on Fridays from 4.00 to 4.45 pm starting 9th June. It costs $30 for 5 sessions. Register online at www.sporty.co.nz/waitakicrc or phone 434 6932.
- Parenting Toolbox - is offering another middle years parenting programme held at the Weston Church on Wednesdays at 9.30 am starting Wednesday 21st June. Price is $50 per person. Enquiries to Bev Rodwell on 432 6766.
- Family Portrait Fundraiser - Athletic Netball Club are running a Jack n Jill fundraiser on Saturday 24th June at Fenwick School Hall. $10 to confirm booking fee. Your $10 entitles you to a free portrait sitting and a 10 x 13 portrait or a $10 credit towards a purchase. Contact Amber on 027 777 7303.
- Flips & Tumbles Gymnastics Clinic - held on Sunday 25th June at the Waitaki Rec Centre. 10.00 am to 12.00 pm for 5-8 years, 12.30 to 2.30 for 9-16 years. If you want to learn a cartwheel, an aerial, a flick flack or even just a handstand then this is something you want to do. Contact Jared Cooper on 027 828 8760 or email email@example.com
- Forrester Gallery Winter Drop In Holiday Programme at the Wonderlab - Monday 17th July to Friday 21st July from 11.00 to 3.00 pm. Oamaru Rocks (paint rocks to hide around Oamaru and for others to find them) and Necktie World Record (make something wearable or sculptural to add to the collection). Both programmes will run each day for all ages and costs $2.00 per child and no bookings required. For more information visit our website www.culturewaitaki.org.nz or on the Forrester Gallery Facebook page.