Thursday 7 July 2016

1. Principal News Week 10 Term 2

Thank you and farewell
As I was preparing to write my final newsblog, I came across this photo from my first principal's message in our paper newsletter in 2007. St Joseph's was my first principalship and I remember how privileged I felt when appointed to the role. I have continued to feel privileged during my tenure at St Joseph's and I have been so blessed to be part of a supportive school staff and Parish.
A very big thank you to all of the staff and students for a most memorable farewell mass last week. It was such a well planned and truly beautiful occasion.  Thank you to Mr Burton who took some wonderful photos that will  enable me to be able to share the festivities with my family and friends in Melbourne. Thank you to everyone for the beautiful gifts and good wishes I have received. I will not be able to forget any of you and will look forward to following the children's progress online.

Thanks Mr Burton and our talented young artists for their special gift of mini Oamaru paintings.

Farewell Miss Tangney
We wish Miss Tangney our blessings and safe travels as she leaves to travel overseas for Term 3 and 4. We thank her for her hard work as a teacher, leader and netball coach for 2016 and look forward to welcoming Morgan back to teach Year 7 at St Joseph's in 2017.
Safe travels Miss Tangney
A Slice of Heaven
Thanks to Mr Cartlidge, Mrs Brookes and the senior school teachers for all of their work preparing the students for the production. I have just watched the final dress rehearsal and I am looking forward to the performance this evening at St Kevins at 6:30pm.

Film Makers Award
Congratulations to our students who received an award for 2nd place in the Best Film category!! Special congratulations to Cameron Mather who was recognised as the best male actor.


Board casual vacancies and Concerns flow chart 
The Board publishes the concerns flow chart annually to remind parents of the pathway to follow if they have any worries or concerns. This information is now published on the board blog.
Here is the link Your class teacher is always your first contact.
As a result of our recent board elections, the board will be co-opting Talanoa Palu and Reis Pe as cultural representatives on the board.
There are also two casual vacancies for two parents who had applied to become board members but were for various reasons ineligible at the close of election - Chris Heaphy and Dan Keno.
The board has resolved under section 105 of the Education Act 1989 to fill the vacancy by selection with Chris Heaphy and Dan Keno.
If 10 percent or more of the eligible voters on the school roll ask the board, within 28 days of this notice being published, to hold a by-election to fill the vacancies, then a by-election will be held. Any eligible voter who wishes to ask the board to hold a by-election should write to:
Chairperson, Board of Trustees, St Joseph's School, 36 Usk Street Oamaru.

No comments:

Post a Comment