Saturday 16th April - Elenoa & Halalova Asi, Seth Sinclair, Lachlan Brookes and Bronson Bartlett
Sunday 17th April - Michael Misiloi, Hana & Zara Davies
Saturday 23rd April - Indya & Mackenzie Cunningham, Joshua Criddle and Troy Chikowore
Sunday 24th April - Rhea Ratgali, Seth Bartley, Arthur Cartlidge and Molly-May Mestrom
Saturday 30th April - Joseph & Sebastian Spillane, Max Fatefehi, Elizabeth & Samuel Plieger
Sunday 1st May - Cameron Mather, Antonia Black, Sebastian Whiston, Morgan Baillie and Molly Whittaker
Birthday Greetings to:
Molly-May Mestrom, Daniel Woodhouse, Jack Burke, Lewis Gough, Hana & Zara Davies, Laura Mordeno, Yi Qun Zhong, Kia Alcasabas, Matthew Woodhouse, Rebecka Demonteverde, Keane Pe and Joseph Spillane
Last weekend, 9 students (Elenoa & Halalova Asi, Morgan Baillie, Jack Burke, Corbin Fraser, Emily Hayman, Elizabeth & Samuel Plieger and Molly Whittaker) swam in the Otago primary school swimming championships in Dunedin where we competed against swimmers from schools throughout Otago in which we got a few top 10 placings. In some age groups, there were at least 50 swimmers who were all competing for their school. Well done to all the swimmers.Results are as follows: Absent is Jack Burk from the photo.
Elenoa Asi - 1st in 50 breast, 2nd in 50 back and 3rd in 50 free
Halalova Asi - 8th in 50 free and 50 back and 9th in mixed medley relay
Morgan Baillie - 3rd in 50 free and back and 5th in 50 breast
Corbin Fraser - 5th in 50 breast, 7th in 50 free, 8th in 50 back and 9th in 200 medley relay
Elizabeth Plieger - 9th in 200 medley relay
Samuel Plieger - 5th in 50 free and 6th in 50 breast
Molly Whittaker - 7th in 50 breast and 9th in 200 medley relay
The St Joseph's Yr 7 & 8 are having a firewood fundraiser to help them buy new rugby tops. They are selling beautiful dry pine firewood for $70 a cubic meter. A trailer load can hold up to 3 cubic meters. It can be delivered within the Oamaru area this Saturday 16th April with a smile. Please pay cash on delivery. For orders please contact Adele on 434 3443 or 027 434 3338 or email gaswhiston @xtra.co.nz
Thank you very much to the Home and School for organising a very yummy nacho lunch on Wednesday. A great way to finish the term.
Congratulations to all the children who participated in the Rippa Rugby tournament last week. Well done to the Yr 7 & 8 team who came first in their grade and thanks to all the parents who helped with transport and coaching.
The skiing families who are fundraising have one more time at weeding the turnips this Saturday at 8.00 am at Clarkes Mill. It should not take too long this time!!
Uniform ShopA reminder that the Uniform Shop stocks socks for both football and rugby and cost $15.00 a pair.
We warmly welcome Clarence Coscos who started school this week to our new entrants class.
Term 2 is winter uniform and a reminder that everyone is wear the school tie.
Winter Coaching Clinics
Sport Waitaki/Otago are offering a range of coaching courses to support the development of winter sport in North Otago. The courses being offered are 'Getting Started in Coaching', 'How to Be a Better Coach' and 'Planning a Programme for Coaches'. For further information contact Kate Mossman on 434 9379 or email email@example.com or visit the website on www.sportotago.co.nz
Netball - Mrs Souness is still looking for a coach for the Yr 5 team. Please let her know if you can help.
Rugby - There is a rugby practice for the 9 and 10 years on Sunday 1st May from 2.00 to 3.30 pm at St Kevin's. Please let Glynn Cameron know if you cannot make this practice on 021 169 0709.
The team lists for each code is listed on another page in the blog which includes the coaches names and practice times.
- Diggers Basketball April School Holiday Camp - is from Monday 18th April to Thursday 21st April from 8.30 am to noon at the Edgar Centre. This camp is for youth aged 6-12 years and we encourage experienced players as well as newcomers to attend. They will focus on fundamentals, short competitions and incorporate heaps of fun. Sessions will be led by Basketball Otago (BBO) Development Officer; Natalie Visger. She will be assisted by current Oceana Gold Rush players, Otago Representative players and fellow BBO coaches. Cost is $100 per player or $25.00 to children who cannot make the 4 days. Additional children from the same family will be charged $50.00. For further enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Autumn Holiday Programme - for the Forrester Gallery, North Otago Museum, Waitaki Libraries and the Aquatic Centre. See the attached flyer to the email for more information.
- Donald Forrester Brown Victoria Cross Medal - is on display at the North Otago Museum for ANZAC weekend from 1.00 to 4.00 pm on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th April. Brown is only one of 23 New Zealanders awarded this medal which is the highest military decoration awarded for 'valour in the face of the enemy' to members of the armed forces of Commonwealth countries.
- Fun With Mandarin - is an interactive and engage language programme for children between the ages of 3 to 7 years where they will learn the basics of the Chinese vocabulary. Adult classes are designed for anyone who is keen on learning the Chinese language and culture. For registration and information contact Angie on 434 5792 or 021 177 8189 or email email@example.com See the attached flyer to the email for more information.
- Fall Arrest and Harness Safety Course - held in Timaru on Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th April. See the attached flyer to the email for more information.
- Kids Party Confidential - a fun school holiday show at the Opera House on Thursday 28th April from 10.30 am. See the attached flyer for more information.
- Otago Wildlife Photography Competition - is open to all budding photographers and videographers of all ages in the Otago regions. The competition closes on Monday 16th May at 5.00 pm. There is a brochure in the office if you are interested in this competition.