Three of our staff are heading to the big smoke of Wellington this weekend after securing tickets to the 'big' game. Good luck and have fun Mr Cartlidge, Mr Moore and Miss Tangney!!
Saturday 4th July - Elizabeth, Samuel & Nicolas Plieger, Matthew Gough and Isabella McNaught
Sunday 5th July - Ellie & Samantha Jorgensen, Sylvia & Stefanie Lavrijsen
Saturday 11 July - Elenoa & Halalova Asi, Elizabeth Pleiger, Lachlan Brookes and Seth Sinclair
Sunday 12th July - Jerome & Michael Misiloi, Tess McAtamney and Joel Kunnethedan
Saturday 18th July - Indya & Mackenzie Cunningham, Ben Cullimore and Joshua Criddle
Sunday 19th July - Kelsey Mills, Rhea Ratgali, Grace Keno and Seth Bartley
Birthday Greetings to:
Anthony Chen, Bronson Bartlett, Jordan Woodhouse, Marianne Alegre, Abigail Jenkinson, Emily Hayman, Emily Chen, Niveek Wilson, Molly Whittaker and Eden Davison.
Home & School News
In term 3, they have planned two fundraisers.
- In week 1, term 3, they will be selling First Aid Kits which cost $39 per kit and are full of awesome equipment. For every kit sold, the Home & School get $12.00. Order forms will go home on Thursday 23rd July and the orders need to be back by Thursday 6th August.
- They will be holding a disco for all students in term 3. More information to follow.
Georgia Fox has lost her named school jacket. Please check your child's jacket to see if you have the wrong one and return it to the office.
These are the following unnamed items which are currently in the lost property area in the sick bay.
- 1 x puffer jacket - size 8 yrs, girl friend label
- 2 x maroon old pe tops - size xsb
- 2 x school jackets - 8 yrs and xs (6 yrs)
- 1 x grey hoodie - Mo' To motif size 9
- 1 x blue pr tights - size 8-10
- 1 x old school sun hat with the name Angelica on it
- 1 x pink and white hat with a pink rose on it
- lots of lunch boxes
Before School Care
Is available for any student from Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm. Cost is $2.00 per session. Forms are available at the office.
Yr 7 Camp Fundraiser
Are selling manicures vouchers for $40 which normally cost $50 and can be redeemed at any time. If you are interested in buying one which would make a great present, please see someone in the Yr 7 class.
Today Mr David Pickens from Marapai Nursery and Biannca from the Community Gardens helped the garden club children plant an apple tree which was bought with funds through selling produce from the school garden. Thanks to all involved.
The Sir Peter Blake Award for Leadership was presented to Laura Mather at last week's assembly. Presented once a year by the Westpac Bank, Laura was nominated due to her developing leadership skills, and her growing resilience to challenges.
Congratulations - Sport Otago Nominate a Primary School Sports Volunteer Draw (SONAPSSVD)
A lot of our school coaches/managers have been nominated for the above volunteer draw by students from our school. Volunteer names have been submitted by Sport Otago to go into a draw to win $500 worth of quality clothing and sporting goods each month through the Lotto New Zealand and Sport New Zealand, Supporting Local Sport Makers campaign. Each month, the Otago region will have two nominated volunteers.
SONAPSSVD would like to say thank you to all the people who put forward their nominations and for taking the time to nominate these wonderful volunteers who give up their time for your school and sports.
Congratulations to Chris Cant who was one of two winners in the Otago regional draw.
This is what his nominee said about him.
"Chris Cant has coached our rugby team for the past seven years and is always very reliable to come to practice, even when he is working tough hours. Chris has led the team to multiple competition wins with rippa rugby, tackle rugby and he coached the North Otago 9/10 rugby team. At the start of the season, we are an average, middle ranked rugby team but with Chris's help, by the end of the season, we are the best team in the competition. Chris always focuses on trying to get the best out of everyone and puts fun before winning. Chris has all the best qualities of a great coach; with commitment towards our games and practices. Happiness - he always makes rugby practice fun even when it comes to suicides and has aspirations to make a bad team good. There is nothing bad about Chris and he always get the job done. Thanks Chris for making sport fun!"
Win $10,000 worth of sports gear for your team (we could be successful again!)
Behind every try, goal and wicket taken there's a good sort supporting the team. Simply go to aainsurance.co.nz/thanks, tell us who's your 'good sort of sport' and why before 5.00 pm Friday 31st July 2015 and $10,000 towards sports gear for your school or sports club could be heading your way. Plus your 'good sort of sport' will get four tickets to see the Warriors vs Cowboys on Saturday 22nd August, 2015 at Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland - with flights, accommodation and corporate hospitality all included. There are also lots instant prizes to win like $100 vouchers for BP fuel, Rebel Sport and House of Travel.
- North Otago Voice for Life AGM - (to protect and value human life) - held at the Oamaru Public Library on Saturday 4th July from 2.00 to 4.00 pm.
- Community March - held on Sunday 5th July to oppose the funding cuts that the Southern District Health Board is proposing for our hospital services here in Oamaru. Please show your support by assembling at 11.45 am at the Farmer's Market and marching to Takaro Park at 12.00 pm.
- North Otago Rock & Mineral Club - 44th Annual gemstone, jewellery and craft fair will be held on July 11th & 12 at the Scottish Hall, Tyne Street, Oamaru. Time starts 10.00 am to 4.00 pm. Adults cost $1.00 and children twenty cents.