contains clear and practical tips from some of the internet’s most popular digital platforms
Netsafe information and interactives for children aged 2-9
Cybersmarts at Tamaki College
· The internet is like a big classroom. The rules of the classroom apply to the internet.
· If you’d be happy for your teacher or parent to read what you’ve written its probably OK. What you put out there is for ever.
· Remember there’s no body language so be careful how you communicate because people might not get the right idea – they might think humour is serious.
· Use only your first name – don’t give your second name, address or phone numbers.
· If you see something wrong close the screen and tell a trusted adult immediately.