Saturday 18th October - Nicholas Plieger, Lachlan Brookes, Antonio Frances-Rees and Seth Sinclair
Sunday 19th October - Joel Kunnethedan, Michael & Jerome Misiloi and Rhea Ratgali
(b) Birthday Greetings to:
Mariah Cunningham, Corbin Fraser, Lavina Ma, Patrick Spillane, Chloe Bartley, Levi Crowder, Samuel Plieger and Seth Sinclair.
(c) Lost Property
Sunny Tian has lost his named school jersey at the end of last term and Alexie Phillips has lost her named school jacket. Please check your child's jersey and jackets and if found, please return them to the school office.
(d) Chrome Books
Here is the Harvey Norman website with details for St Joseph's families for the discounted devices.
What the parents need to do....
Click www.harveynormaneducation.com (follow the on screen instructions)
- Register on the site, preferable from a school email account so they can be identified as our students. If not, when they register they can type in the 'Billing Address>Company' section "St Joseph's School (Oamaru)".
- Request to be added to the 'St Joseph's School (Oamaru)' user group
- After they are approved, they will now be able to see the approved products and prices and order online.
- 0800 Number is setup if they need help. 0800 222 699
- Please note this is a different website from their normal online retail store.
(e) Home & School
Due to the lack of teams entered in the Quiz night, we have made the decision to cancel the Quiz evening. We will be using the prizes and putting them towards a Christmas raffle. Each family will be asked to sell one raffle card with 20 tickets on it. These cards will be sent home on Monday 20th October and are due back on Monday 10th November. We will be asking for parents to help sell tickets at Countdown and New World supermarkets. We will also be having a cake stall at the Victorian Fete (Sunday 16th November) in which we will be asking families to donate.
(f) Summer Sports Draw
Please look on the sports notice board for the game times for cricket, hockey and touch rugby.
(g) Community Notices - Please check the notice board for full information
- Waitaki Community Gardens is offering Arts in the Gardens every Wednesday in Term 4 from 3.15 to 5.00 pm for children aged 8 to 12 years. Cost is $50 for 10 sessions. Enquiries to email@example.com
- Rainbow Fun Run - Saturday 18th October - 11.00 am start, $10 per person or $30 for a family pass of 2 adults and 2 children.
- Amazing Race - entries for the Waitaki Boys High School Amazing Race close on Monday 20th October and are available online at www.waitakibhs.school.nz/sport or at their school office or Oamaru Sports and Outdoors.
- Raising Bullying Awareness March - Monday 27th October (Labour Day). The march starts at 10.00 am outside KFC and ends at the Oamaru Gardens. Wear pink to show your support. At the gardens, there will be entertainment, performances and enjoying time with family and the wider community.
- Pamper Yourself this Spring at Aoraki Polytechnic on Wednesday 29 October from 9.00 am to 2.30 pm.
- Blue Cross Veterinary Centre Poem competition - win a scenic flight over North Otago and you get to take a friend or family member with you plus $250 cheque for your school. Drop your hand written poem before Friday 31st October to Oamaru Veterinary, 311 Thames Street, Oamaru.
- Christian Life Centre Halloween Alternative - Friday 31st October from 6.15 pm to 7.45 pm at 17 College Street, Oamaru. The theme this year is Lego Characters and phone 437 2666 for any enquiries.