Saturday 21st March - Mariah Cunningham and Serah Staju
Sunday 22nd March - Alexie Phillips, Lilly Kelcher and Rolfe Patalbo
Birthday Greetings to
There is no Friday assembly until further notice however certificates will be awarded to the children in their classrooms.
CANCELLATIONS AND POSTPONEMENTS
This week has seen the cancellation and postponements of all summer and winter sport due to the COVID-19 outbreak as per Ministry of Health and Sport NZ guidelines. This is a rapidly changing situation and we will share the updates when we receive them.
These sports activities which affect our school have been cancelled or postponed until further notice
- North Otago Swimming Sports
- Otago Primary School Swimming Sports
- North Otago Rippa Rugby Tournament - is being postponed to a later date
- Touch Rugby
- Community Cricket including junior cricket
Across all the sports codes, this is the same message being relayed that all trials, training's and games be postponed until further notice.
Our school will not go ahead with naming teams until we get the all clear message for sport to go ahead however if anyone still wants to play a sport, please let us know. We urgently need girls to play in the miniball team from Years 4-6 but if there is a capable Year 3 girl who would like to play, please let us know. We also require coaches for rugby in the 7 & 8 year team and the girls miniball team. Netball coaches will be confirmed when trials have been completed for the top 2 teams.
This is the update from each sport.
The season does not start until Term 2 and their start date will be advised at a later date. No other information was available at this stage.
The Football Waitaki Saturday morning competition and First Kicks (Friday nights) is not due to start until later in May. They will continue to adhere to the regulations set out by NZ Football due to Covid 19. Therefore, definitely training is postponed and they will be in touch regarding the season.
All club, school and community hockey postponed until Saturday 2nd May effective Thursday 19th March. This includes all training activities, pre-season trials and hockey matches.
All netball competitions to be postponed until Saturday 2nd May at the earliest effective Thursday 19th March. All community events, competitions, programmes, tournaments, workshops and player development programmes to be postponed until 2nd May.
Recognising the need for teams to prepare for a competition starting from 2nd May at the earliest, clubs and schools in the process of trialing, naming teams and commencing trainings are to postpone until 4 weeks before the start of their competition or the first week in April at the earliest. Given the changing environment, this position may change in coming weeks.
- Yr 7 & 8 Development Camp is postponed until the July holidays.
- Yr 7 & 8 Development Sessions - held on Mondays from 4th May for 6 weeks. Registrations open
- Yr 5 & 6 Development Camp is postponed until later in the year.
- Junior Booklet - North Otago Netball are in the process of developing a junior booklet. Any ideas to go in it, please let Mrs Brien know and she will forward it to the person concerned.
- Umpire sessions are now postponed until a later date.
All rugby including rippa, junior and school rugby is suspended until Saturday 18th April. This includes all games and contact training. Our school will still complete the NZ Player Rugby Registration form on your behalf so we are ready if rugby goes ahead.
Easter Timetable for St Patrick's Parish
Please note this timetable could change in the foreseeable future
- Holy Thursday 9th April - Mass of the Last Supper at the Basilica at 7.00 pm
- Good Friday 10th April - Commemoration of Jesus Christ's Death at the Basilica at 3.00 pm - Friday Ecumenical Walk - 10.00 am gather at House of Breakthrough Church at 33 Wansbeck Street. You are welcome to walk with the cross through St Luke's Gardens at the corner of Tees and Thames Streets then Main Street to St Paul's for the service at 11.00 am at 7 Coquet Street. All welcome. You are invited to join in at any part of the morning.
- Easter Saturday 11th April - Vigil Mass - 6.00 pm at Kurow and 8.00 pm at the Basilicia
- Easter Sunday 12th April - Mass at 9.30 am at the Basilica. There is no Mass at Hampden
Second Hand Sports Equipment and Gear
If you have any old sports equipment and gear surplus to requirements, please donate them to our school for other children to utilise. This applies to both summer and winter sports and any gear that comes in we will advertise in the newsletter e.g. football / rugby boots, cricket pads, bats etc.
These will be presented to the children at assembly when assembly is up and running again.