Saturday 7th September - Lachlan Criddle, Serah Staju, Mariah Cunningham and Jayla Strong
Sunday 8th September - Indeg & Nye Jones-Hogan and Henry Robinson
Will be on sale for $1.50 again next Wednesday. Please give your money and order to the office on Tuesday morning.
North Otago Cross Country
Congratulations to our 23 students who participated in the North Otago Cross County on Monday. You did the school proud in the way you represented us with pride and resilience and finishing the races. We were especially proud when one of our senior students showed outstanding sportsmanship when he shook all the other competitors hands after his race. A few of our students had tightly contested races and ended up with top 3 placings. Special thanks to Mrs Spillane, Mrs Asi and Mrs Heffernan who helped with the organisation of the day. Top 20 placings were:
Yr 4 - Eva Fatafehi (11th) and Daniel Woodhouse (16th)
Yr 5 - Hunter Gough and Mya Robinson (4th) and Marko Hubber (11th)
Yr 6 - Ben Gillies (1st) and Eli Herbst (5th)
Yr 7 - Michael Woodhouse (7th), Marianne Alegre and Paddy Spillane (16th), Tama Roberts (19th) and Atlanta Williams-McDowell (20th)
Yr 8 - Zara Davies and Cody Marshall (3rd) and Bridie McGeown (6th)
Thanks to the families who have returned their sports uniforms and gear bags. There are still outstanding uniforms not yet returned and a stock take is being done on Monday. If they are not returned by then, you will incur a small cost.
Subway Lunch Orders
There will be no Subway orders next Friday 13th and 20th of September due to refurbishments of the restaurant. There is subway tomorrow and it starts up again on the 27th September.
- The competition starts again on Tuesday 15th October (first week in term 4).
- The teams are the same for term 4 because the competition runs for both term 1 and term 4.
- Please let Mrs Brien know if you want to join a team or are unavailable to play this term.
- Coaches - please confirm if you able to coach again this term.
- Referees - if you are interested in becoming a touch rugby referee which you get paid for, please give your name to Mrs Brien.
- North Otago Touch Rugby trials are on Sunday 15th September. More information to follow about times and venue.
- 2020 will see the introduction of a separate boys and girls grade for Yrs 4/5/6 as well as the Yr 7 & 8.
Touch Teams – Term 4 2019
Tigers - Yr 1/2/3
Cooper van Rooy
Pumas - Yr 4/5/6
Rockets - Yr 4/5/6
Co-Coaches – William Kofoed and Adele Whiston
Co-Coaches – Michelle Fatafehi and Charmaine Asi
Coach – Emma Perniskie
Ferns - Yr 4/5/6
Turbos – Mixed Yr 7/8
Dynamos - Competitive Yr 7/8
Coach – Jody Robinson
Coach: Ella Frew (SKC student) confirmed
Coach: Lee Woodhouse
Burns Memorial Virtual Exhibition 2019
The Burns Memorial Art Exhibition is always a wonderful showcase of children’s art that reflects our community and environment. Named to honour George Burns (not Burns Pollock!) an Oamaru born journalist with a passion for children’s art. It was his belief that “Art is not a luxury. In this day and age, art in all its forms is a pathway back to sanity. I repeat: art is not a luxury, but a necessity for complete living”.
But things are going to be a little different this year! Due to the gallery being closed the exhibition is now online. Some classrooms from St Joseph have some art work exhibited
- Brainwave - What Does Your Child Really Need? - Come along and talk and listen to advice about the needs of your children. Held at Oamaru North School Hall on Thursday 19th September from 5.30 to 7.30 pm. Cost $10 each. Tickets available from each kindergarten and for more information visit www.brainwave.org.nz
- Yoga Kids Explore - all classes are located at Bliss Yoga Studio. Contact us via message facebook page 'Bliss Yoga Oamaru'. email email@example.com or call Shelley on 027 357 2804. School holidays and term 4 classes.
- Forrester Gallery/Oamaru Library Holiday Fun - Art on Bikes, Wonderlab, Games & Lego, Toddler Time. See the attached flyer to the email or school noticeboard for further information.