Saturday 9th March - Annalise Kilgour, Sam Asi, Lachlan Criddle and Lilly Kelcher
Sunday 10th March - Serah Staju, Nye Jones-Hogan and Hana Davies
Riley Tuffley, Ofa Tokai, Nevaeh Aitcheson, Marconi Hausia and Pippa Campbell
Each week our Yr 6 students buddy read with our junior school and today they were making the most of the lovely day by reading outside to them. Ashlyn and Isla, Theo and Isaiah and Ivy-Belle and Mia.
Cricket Draw - Friday 8th March
Intermediate A - St Joseph's/Albion v Valley Blue at SKC 2
Intermediate B - St Joseph's v Albion at SKC Artificial 1
We still have a large number of families who have not returned these forms which were due back on February 25th. Please complete them and send them back immediately. Thank you.
Monday 11 - Technology for Yr 7 & 8
- Cricket for Girls smash and boys bash
- forms back for North Otago Swimming
Tuesday 12 - swimming lessons for Yrs 1-3
- HPV vaccination for Yr 8
Wednesday 13 - North Otago Swimming sports
Senior swimming sports
Well done to the children who competed at our swimming sports yesterday. There were lots of children who made huge improvements in our swimming lessons which enabled them to swim in the sports yesterday. We were really impressed with the children who swam and gave it a go with every child swimming at least 2 races each. A big thank you to our parent helpers for helping out on the day, the St Kevin's students and a special thank you to Mitch McRae the Sport Waitaki Coordinator who was our starter.
The presentation of trophies and certificates will be held at assembly on Friday 22nd March as next Friday we have 3 teams away in the Rippa Rugby tournament.
Congratulations to the students who qualified for the North Otago swimming sports next Wednesday. The children have received a notice today which needs to be returned by tomorrow as entries are sent away Monday.
Otago Primary Swimming Sports are held on Saturday 6th April in Dunedin. If your child is interested and meets the qualifying time, please let Mrs Brien know. Please note that the families manage the children on this day.
The first day for junior swimming is next Tuesday. A notice will be sent home tomorrow letting you know what time your child will be swimming. We require more parents to help walk the children to and from the pool for their 6 lessons. Please let Mrs Brien know if you can help.
The dates are: Tuesday 12th March, Tuesday 19th, Wednesday 20th and Thursday 21st March and Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th March.
It's great to see so many of our students playing touch rugby on Tuesday afternoons. Even on the hot days, the children are giving it their all. Below are some photos the Pumas and Rockets team in action.
Names of children who are playing a winter sport for school will be displayed on the sports notice board early next week. Anyone who has offered to coach a team will be given a list of names for their respective team. If you have not yet put your child's name down for a sport please enrol them on this link Click this link for the Winter Sports enrolment. 2019 WINTER SPORTS ENROLMENTS
Basketball - Leonard King Coach Clinic held this Sunday 10th March at Bayfield Gym from 6.30 to 8.00 pm. On-court clinic covering player development and concepts. Costs $25.00. Register on-line at www.otago.basketball
Netball - North Otago Netball Yr 7 & 8 development camp held on Wednesday 17th and Thursday 18th April from 10.00 am to 3.00 pm at St Kevin's gym. 2 days of netball fun, fitness and skills with former Silver Fern Jo Morrison. Costs $40.00 for 2 days. Registrations close 5th April. To register go to https://www.sporty.co.nz/viewform/95694 or enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Otago Rugby are seeking two application (forwards and backs coaches) for the North Otago A (Development Team). If you are passionate about coaching and want to positively contribute towards developing our Heartland players of the future then pick up the coaching challenge and make a difference. Expressions of interest should be addressed to Jason Forrest, North Otago Rugby, PO Box 102, Oamaru. Email email@example.com
- North Otago Plunket - Lycra for Littlies Spin.a.thon held on Saturday 30th March from 6am to 6pm at the Waitaki Rec Centre. Costs $250 per team. Make your own team up however you please as long as the bike is moving for 12 hours! Contact Bex on 027 224 8749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youthtown Holiday Programme and After School sessions - contact www.youthtown.org.nz or phone 0800 004 556 or email email@example.com
- Big Wheels Day - Sunday 31st March from 11.00 am to 3.00 pm held the Oamaru Racecourse. A family fun day including live music, bouncy castle, face painting, sausage sizzle, burgers and coffee. Hot rods, digger, tractor, spreader, police car, concrete truck, pony rides and heaps more. Costs $2 per person or $5 a car load.
- ICONZ4girls - is a weekly life development programme growing girls for good. We enjoy doing games, crafts, devotions and badges together. IFG is hosted by Weston Community Church. We meet on Tuesdays from 4.00 to 5.30 pm at the Weston Church hall. Fees are $40 per term. Girls wear a uniform of a bright green or purple t-shirt. IFG offers three4free so that you can come along for 3 weekly sessions before deciding to join. Contact Catherine on 027 434 9390.