Thursday 25 October 2018

2. Special Character - Term 4 Week 2 2018

Faith Facts This Week - 21st October was Mission Sunday

Pope Francis Message 2018 excerpt

Every man and woman is a mission; that is the reason for our life on this earth. To be attracted and to be sent are two movements that our hearts, especially when we are young, feel as interior forces of love; they hold out promise for our future and they give direction to our lives. More than anyone else, young people feel the power of life breaking in upon us and attracting us. To live out joyfully our responsibility for the world is a great challenge.


I am well aware of lights and shadows of youth; when I think back to my youth and my family, I remember the strength of my hope for a better future. The fact that we are not in this world by our own choice makes us sense that there is an initiative that precedes us and makes us exist. Each one of us is called to reflect on this fact: “I am a mission on this Earth; that is the reason why I am here in this world” (Evangelii Gaudium, 273).
We proclaim Jesus Christ, transmitting the faith to the ends of the earth, bearing witness to love.

22nd John Paul II Pope from 1978 to 2005.
Pope (Latinpapa from Greekπάππας pappas,[1] "father"), also known as the supreme pontiff (from Latin pontifex maximus "greatest priest"), is the Bishop of Rome and the leader of the worldwide Catholic Church

God Bless
Nicola Winders

No comments:

Post a Comment