Faith Facts this Week:-
Each year the Catholic Bishops of New Zealand set aside a week in September for Social Justice Week, inviting us to reflect and take action on a current social justice issue.
This week is Social Justice Week, 2018, and the theme is, “Enabling Communities - Everyone has a part to play”. Visit the Caritas website to find out what you can do.
15th September - Our Lady of Sorrows feast is dedicated to the sorrows of Mary and her compassion with the sufferings of her Jesus. As Mary stood at the foot of the Cross on which Jesus hung, the sword of sorrow Simeon had foretold pierced her soul. These are often depicted as daggers in her heart. The seven sorrows of Mary:
- The prophecy of Simeon (Luke 2:25-35)
- The flight into Egypt (Matthew 2:13-15)
- Loss of the Child Jesus for three days (Luke 2:41-50)
- Mary meets Jesus on his way to Calvary (Luke 23:27-31; John 19:17)
- Crucifixion and Death of Jesus (John 19:25-30)
- The body of Jesus being taken from the Cross (Psalm 130; Luke 23:50-54; John 19:31-37)
- The burial of Jesus (Isaiah 53:8; Luke 23:50-56; John 19:38-42; Mark 15:40-47)
Atua e Manaaki