Saturday 14th April - Samuel Plieger, Nye Jones-Hogan, Max Fatafehi and Sami Asi
Sunday 15th April - Annalise Kilgour, Anika Winders and Molly-May Mestrom
Saturday 21st April - Halalova & Elenoa Asi, Joshua Criddle, Madison & Cooper Jones
Sunday 22nd April - Daniel & Jonathan Jorgensen, Morgan Baillie and Henry Robinson
Saturday 28th April - Joseph, Paddy & Seb Spillane, Samuel Plieger and Andrew Sinclair
Sunday 29th April - Hana Davies & Alexie Phillips
Birthday Greetings to:
Andrew Sinclair, Daniel & Matthew Woodhouse, Indya Cunningham, Molly-May Mestrom, Zara & Hana Davies, Lewis Gough, Sandrene Mordeno, Tiffany Chen, Yi Qun Zhong, Molly McGeown, Evan Adams, Millie Fogarty, Cooper van Roy and Luke Laming.
Caritas Mufti Day
Last Friday we raised $227.00 from a mufti day for Caritas. Tonight the Yr 8 children along with Mrs Jones-Hogan and Mrs Winders will be sleeping on cupboard in the hall and tomorrow morning they will be going on a walk before they have breakfast so the children get to experience what it would be like for people who have no beds or convenient food due to poverty or natural destruction.
Cricket Primary School Holiday Programme
North Otago Cricket will be running their very popular cricket holiday programme on Tuesday 24th and Wednesday 25th April at St Kevin's College gym. Young Beginners/Soft ball players (aimed at kids who play with soft ball and early beginners) from 9.15 am to 10.45 am. Experienced players/hard ball players from 11.00 am to 12.30 pm. Please bring a drink, snacks, own equipment but not essential and sport friendly clothing and $10.00 for either day. To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your child/children's name, age and email address.
All school library books are due back tomorrow.
Hana Davies has lost her named school jersey. Please have a look for it in your child's bag.
Winter uniform to be worn next term with ties for everyone.
Rippa Rugby Photos
Please click the link to view photos from last week's Rippa Rugby tournament.
Student Contact Details List
Please drop this form back to the office if you have any changes to addresses, phone numbers, medical conditions, emergency contacts etc.
We still require small pinafores, winter boys school shorts and shirts for our uniform shop. In the holiday's have a clean out and if you have any spare clothes, Adele would love to have them.
- A booklet will be sent home with each family tomorrow about their sport codes, practice days, uniforms etc. Please look for it in your child's bag.
- All sport fees have to be paid or a payment plan in place before Saturday 14th May as some parents have opted to wait until sport teams were named before making payments.
- Sport uniforms will be handed out once fees are paid. If you have any difficulty with the fees this year, please contact the principal.
- The uniforms and gear bags for coaches will be handed out in the first week of term 2.
- All coaches have been given the contact details of their teams and will be in touch with their teams directly.
- Fees - some sport associations have increased their fees in which we have had to increase our fees in some codes.
- A list of sport teams are on another page in the blog
Fees for 2018 Winter Sports
Basketball - $60 per player, an increase of $5.00
Football - $40 per player for midget grade, an increase of $5
- $60 per player for primary grade, an increase of $5.00
Hockey - to be advised as no fees set at this stage, will be confirmed at next hockey meeting
Miniball - $50 per player, an increase of $5.00
Netball - $45 for Yrs 3-8, an increase of $5.00
- $20 for Yrs 1-2, an increase of $5.00
Rugby - $25 per player, no increase
Score benching - a roster system will be set up for all parents in each team to do score bench duties. This will come out in week 1 of term 2. You will be required to do at least 1-2 duties each.
Refereeing - the Raptors boys basketball team requires a parent to referee for them.
Rep trials will be held on Saturday 14th April at the Showgrounds for the 11th Grade and 13th Grade. 11th Grade starts at 10.00 to 11.30 am and 13th Grade starts at 12.00 - 1.30 pm. Anyone who was not able to attend last weeks trials are more than happy to attend this weeks trials.
There is a skills sessions being held on Friday nights from 4.30 to 5.15 at the Showgrounds starting Friday 4th May. We need a parent to oversee this group of 4 children, otherwise a roster system will be set up for the parents.
Future Ferns Coaching Clinics will be held on Wednesday 18th April at the North Otago Netball courts. Yrs 1-4 for coaches from 5.30 to 7.00 pm and Yrs 5-8 for coaches from 7.00 to 8.30 pm. Let North Otago Netball know if you are coming at email@example.com
Small Blacks Coaching Course for ALL RUGBY COACHES being held on Saturday 14th April at Excelsior Clubrooms from 10.00 am and on Wednesday 2nd May at 6.00 pm. This is a must attend for all our rugby coaches. All names to Paula Brien so she can forward them on to North Otago Rugby.
Mouthguards are compulsory for all rugby players so please ensure your children have them. The policy is no mouthguards, no play.
6 Year Old Team - we still have no-one offering to coach/manage this team. If I don't hear back before the start of term, I will unfortunately have to withdraw this team.
The annual Pompallier Trophy will be held on Sunday 6th May in Timaru. (This is the first Sunday back of term 2) This is a 10 a-side tournament played against Catholic Clubs from Christchurch, Ashburton, Timaru and Oamaru and involves rugby games, sprint races and a tug of war competition.
The teams competing are St Joseph's, Marist Albion, Timaru Celtic and Ashburton Celtic. The grades are Under 9, Under 11 and Under 13.
The competition will be at the Celtic Grounds in Timaru and starts with a managers/coaches meeting at 10.00 am.
Can all players confirm with your coach if you are available to attend on this day ASAP because if we are short of players, we will have to recruit some other players. The kids play 3 games each.
- School Holiday Entertainment - MTO Children's Theatre presents 'The Pied Piper' a one hour musical play at the Opera House Ink Box Theatre on Thursday 26 to Saturday 28th April. Tickets on sale for $10.00 at the Opera House.
- Junior Squash - is open to any child aged 5 to 12 years who would like to play squash. Held at the Oamaru Squash & Badminton Club, 14 Tyne Street, Oamaru on Wednesdays in term 2 from 4.00 to 4.45 pm or 5.00 to 5.45 pm. Costs $20 for 10 weeks and they have to bring their sport shoes and a drink bottle. Racquets are supplied. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Creative Fusion dance classes - classical ballet, jazz and contemporary, fusion, fusion orbit for special needs. Ages 3 up. Professional syllabus. Qualified and registered teachers. All classes held at The Manor Estate. For more information or to enrol for term 2, please contact Nicola Simpson on 027 841 9922 or check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/creativefusionoamaru/
- Skate Park Competition - there is going to be a skate park competition for our local youth at the Oamaru Skate Park on Saturday 28th April from 11.00 am to 3.00 pm. Entries taken on the day. Arrive early so you have time to enter. Competitions will be split into age group categories and there will be lots of prizes, including MGP scooters. Also present will be two professional MGP Team Riders who will be doing some displays. There will be more information put on the following social media site during the school holidays. Oamaru Bluelight Facebook page, Youth Council Facebook page and Oamaru Today Facebook pages.