Saturday 10th February - Mariah Cunningham and Indya Cunningham
Sunday 11th February - Hana Davies, Morgan Baillie and Kristiana Whiston
Goal Setting Meetings
Will be held on Wednesday 28th February and Thursday 1st March. Please book a time by going to www.school.interviews.co.nz and enter the code es4nv
If you have trouble viewing the diary dates at the end of this blog, click the unhighlighted line and it will bring up the diary dates.
Home & School
AGM - the Home & School are holding their AGM on Thursday 1st March at 7.00 in the school staff room. We would love to see you there.
The Home and School are holding a 5km fun run with obstacles, water, maybe mud called the Whitestone Wipe Out at the Race course on Saturday 7th April starting at 11.00 am. To pre-register you can go to their Facebook page at Whitestone Wipe Out on https://www.facebook.com/Whitestone-Wipe-Out-1498769650159905/ otherwise registrations are open on the day at 8.30 am. It costs $40 for a family of four and $5 per person if you pre-register otherwise the price is $15 per person and $50 per family. There will be sausage sizzle on site. The course will take 1 1/2 hours if you casually walk it otherwise if you run, it will take about 30 minutes approximately.
The Home and School desperately need a minimum of 30 helpers on the day to help as marshalls whether you are a parent, family friend, ex pupil, grandparent etc. This is a great opportunity to help out the school on a fun fundraiser. You will be required to help from 10.00 am to 1.30 ish. Please contact Rebecca Heffernan on 027 432 4056 or the school office if you can help.
Netball and Basketball
Basketball - North Otago Basketball have an opportunity to get Natalie Visgar (Otago Basketball Development) to come to Oamaru to do 'Coaching the Coaches' sessions. She could do a miniball, Intermediate/Collegiate and senior coaching. If you are interested in coaching basketball/miniball this year, this session would be a great opportunity. Please let Mrs Brien know ASAP if you are interested in attending and what level of coaching and whether after school or weekends would work for you.
Netball - the Steel Club programme for 8-14 year olds will be held on Friday 16th February to 13th April at either 4.00 - 5.00 pm or 5.00 - 6.00 pm at the Waitaki Rec Centre. Every girl is welcome. To register go to www.netballsouth.co.nz
PE Shirts and Shorts
The back order for the pe uniform will not arrive until April. Please get your child to wear if possible similar colours to the uniform. Thank you.
Reminder that Subway lunches start up again tomorrow.
A permission form and code of conduct form will be sent to all players next week who play cricket or touch rugby for school. This form is to be read and signed by a parent and returned back to the school office. Please let your child know about the code of conduct expectations.
Friday Night Cricket - we are looking for managers for both the girls and boys teams and it only involves an hour of your time from 4.00 - 5.00 pm otherwise a roster system will be arranged for all parents. Competition starts next Friday. The names of the children we have so far are:
Boys - Blake Meek, Iverson Wylie-Taukolo, Hamish Fowler, Hunter Gough, Elia Herbst, Lewis Gough, Lisiate Hausia, Riley Tuffley and Michael Woodhouse.
Girls - Milly Campbell, Lilly Kelcher, Willow Bartlett, Chloe Bartley, Mariah Cunningham, Hannah Fowler, Serah Staju, Payton Bartley, Hana & Zara Davies, Annalise Kilgour and Adriana Wylie-Taukolo.
Saturday Cricket starts this Saturday for the Intermediate and Primary School Grade teams. There is no Super Star grade this season as this has been replaced by the Girls Smash and Boys Blast competition on a Friday night starting 16th February at 4.00 pm. The Super Star academy will be running again on Saturday 17th February at 9.30 am. We urgently need a coach/manager for the Primary School team. Please contact either Justin Fowler or Paula Brien.
Draw for Saturday 10th February
Intermediate A - 8.45 am - St Josephs/Union v Albion at St Kevin's College 1
Intermediate B - 9.00 am - St Josephs v Albion at St Kevin's College Artificial 1
Primary 9.00 am - St Joseph's v Eastern at St Kevin's College Artificial 2
Cricket Team List for Term 1 2018
Coach: Glynn Cameron
Coaches: Jack Cameron, Lachlan Brookes
Manager: Justin Fowler
We are still looking for coaches for a Yr 1/2/3 team and a Yr 4/5/6 team. Please let Mrs Brien know if can help out otherwise we will not be able to register these teams next week. Touch Rugby starts on Tuesday 20th February. If you are interested in being a touch rugby referee, contact Mrs Brien.
Teams for Terms 1 and 4 2018
Tigers Yr 1/2/3
Broncos Yr 1/2/3
Coach – ?
Coaches – Eva Keno & Kristiana Whiston
Rockets Yr 4/5/6
Ferns Yr 4/5/6
Coach – Justin Fowler
Dynamos Yr 7/8
Turbos Yr 7/8
We warmly welcome these new students to our school who started last week. Elias (Yr 8) & Daniel (Yr 5) Mather, Tama (Yr 6) & Allan (Yr 4) Roberts, Eli Herbst (Yr 5), Ayla Beattie (Yr 2) and our new entrant students Maximo Catalan-Gomez, Hila'atu Leo, Emily McEvoy, Anashae Meikle and Theom Mestrom.
World Day of Prayer
Is a world-wide movement, led by christian women of many traditions. It is celebrated in services on the first Friday in March each year in over 170 countries throughout the world. Each year the service is written by the women of a different country and is sent around the world by the World Day of Prayer international committee, based in New York. Committees in each country prepare it for use in their own country. I has been officially celebrated in New Zealand since 1931.
You are invited to join in worship and fellowship at your local church on Friday 2nd March at St Patrick's Basilica, Reed Street, Oamaru. At 6.15 pm there is a shared finger food lunch in St Joseph's school hall followed by an Ecumenical Service at 7.00 pm in the church.
Young Vinnies and Early Childhood Buddies
We are still looking for volunteers to help transport students to and from school on a Thursday morning from 10.45 returning back at 12.00 pm. Please contact the office if you can help. This will be starting on Thursday 15th February.
- Learn Chinese - Children and Youth language classes for 3-12 years start Sunday 11th February from 2.00-3.00 pm. Costs $30 per term. Adult language classes start Wednesday 7th February from 7.00-8.00 pm and cost $50 per term. Venue for all classes is at St Kevin's College Confucius Classroom. Registration and Enquiries contact Sandra Tonkin on 437 0418, 027 778 9753 or email@example.com See attached flyer to the email for further information.
- Lorraine Fodie Ballet Classes - Parents are you keen for your daughter to experience the art of ballet, gain self confidence, co-ordination, poise, musical awareness and a sense of enjoyment through dance/movement? If so please contact Lorraine Fodie on 434 6288 or 022 0452 123 for further information or to enrol for 2018 classes.
- Weston School Out of Hours Music and Art Classes - open to all North Otago primary aged children from 8-12 years old, hosted by Weston School. Music classes offer, trumpet, cornet, trombone, saxophone, clarinet, guitar, drums and chanter/bagpipes and Art classes. For information and enrolment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the school office on 4364 5445.
- Youthtown Intermediate After-School Workshops - Youthtown is offering Yr 7 & 8 students Slacklining every Monday from 19 February to 12 March and Archery every Wednesday from 21 February to 14 March from 3.30 to 4.30 pm at Oamaru Intermediate School. Costs $40 for 4 sessions. For more details and bookings either phone 027 886 3146, email email@example.com or go to www.youthtown.org.nz See attached flyer to the email for further information.
- Creative Fusion - enrol in our ballet, jazz & contemporary and fusion classes starting from Monday 12 February. Ages 3 up. For more information contact Nicola Wolfe on 027 841 9922 or check the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/creativefusionoamaru/
- Oamaru Triathlon & Duathlon - held on Sunday 4th March at the Oamaru and is open to Yr 7 & 8 upwards. Registration is between 8.30 - 9.00 am with the races starting at 10.00 am. For further information contact Diane at the Oamaru Multi-sport Club on 434 7348, 021 0815 0688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Race rules and course details available on their website at www.sporty.co.nz/oamarumultisportclub See attached flyer to the email for further information.
- The Incredible Years Parenting Programme is starting on Wednesday 7th March from 10.00 am to 12.30 pm at the Blind Foundation rooms at 6 Steward Street, Oamaru. See attached flyer to the email for further information.
- Stride, Ride & Slide - held Sunday 11th March at Takaro Park at 10.00 am. Registrations at 9.30 am. This is a multi-sport event for children aged 2-6 years old which gives pre-schoolers the opportunity to participate in their very own multi-sport event. Costs $5 per child or you can pre-register and costs $3 per child. To register go to Sport Waitaki at www.sportotago.co.nz See attached flyer to the email for further information.
- Hip Hop Dance Easter Event - being held in Timaru on Saturday 31st March and Sunday 1st April from 12.00 to 6.00 pm. Costs $10 adults and $5 for children aged 5-16 yrs. For more information check out Hip Hop Easter Jam Timaru on Facebook or contact email@example.com See attached flyer to the email for further information.