TE REO PROVERB
He taonga rongonui te aroha ki te tangata
'Goodwill towards others is a precious treasure'
Saturday 23rd September - Indya Cunningham, Mariah Cunningham, Joshua Criddle and Bronson Bartlett
Sunday 24th September - Annalise Kilgour and Madison Jones
Birthday Greetings to:
Hotili Asi, Thomas McGeown and Fe Ofa Aki Tahitu'a
Gymnastics - Top Schools
Yesterday we had 15 students compete at the Top Schools Gymnastics competition at the Drill Hall in Oamaru. They did routines on the mat, beam, spring board and bar and competed against schools from North Otago. The placings are as follows:
7 years and under - 2nd place - Lachlan McKeown, Mikayla Criddle, Eva Fatafehi, and Alexander Perniskie.
8 & 9 years - 4th place - Eva Keno, Indeg Jones-Hogan, Pagie Geypen and Luce Asi
10 & 11 years - Sam Asi, Jada-Rose Keno, Kristiana Whiston and Summer Moriarty
12 years + - 2nd place - Hannah Miller, Indya Cunningham and Aria O'Connell
We will find out the final results for our placings next week. Special thanks to Miss Lind who organised this event and to our parent helpers who helped out with transport and supervision.
We require the St Mary's Mosgiel interschool notices and money back to the office by Monday 25th September so we can confirm who is attending.
Friday 22nd - No school for Yrs 1-6, Yrs 7-8 go to Technology at St Kevin's
Monday 25th - St Mary's Inter-school notices and money due back to the office
- Activator sports for Yrs 3-8, bring PE uniform
Thursday 28 - Yr 7 & 8 go to Mosgiel for inter-school
Yesterday we were treated to some beautiful singing from our finalist students and last night our House Choirs sang and performed their hearts out with our special guests showing that age is no barrier to singing and dancing!! A special thanks to Mrs Brookes for her organisational skills with the singing cup, our judges Celidhi Brookes and Tivinia Misiloi and to everyone else who helped with being accompanists and the teachers with the house choirs.
To view more photos of the Singing Cup please click the link.
2017 Singing Cup
Miss Mulholland would like to thank people for bringing in their 'My Little Gardens'. They have weeded and planted their first batch of flowers and are waiting for some vegetables to be ready to plant in our vegetable garden.
There is a registration form for anyone interested in playing cricket in term 3 on the sports notice board. If you are already playing for a school team, please still put your name down on the form. Boys and Girls can play in any grade. Next term, there is a mid week cricket grade being played with a soft ball and the games will go for approximately an hour and only have about 6 players in each team.
The 3 grades of cricket are: Soft Ball on a Saturday, Hard Ball on a Saturday and Mid Week with a soft ball.
There is a 'Taster Day' on Wednesday 4th October (first week of school holidays) from 4.00 to 5.00 pm at Centennial Oval and join in the fun.
North Otago Cricket Holiday Programme for children aged 5 to 12 years of age and is on Wednesday 4th and Thursday 5th October and Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th October. 5 to 8 years from 9.30 to 11.00 am and 9 to 12 years from 11.15 am to 12.45 pm. Held at St Kevin's Gym and Astroturf and costs $20 per child for either of the two day courses. To enrol email email@example.com or phone 027 649 0000.
These are the team lists from the 1st term and if you are interested in playing touch rugby or want to withdraw from a team, please let Mrs Brien know before the end of term as touch rugby starts on the first Tuesday back (Tuesday 17th October) in term 4. If you are interested in coaching a team, please let Mrs Brien know. Please note some teams may be altered to accommodate numbers.
TERM 4 TOUCH RUGBY TEAMS
TIGERS – YR 1/2/3
BRONCOS – YR 1/2/3
STORM – YR 4/5/6
FERNS – YR
COACHES: Charmaine Fisher and Chloe Fisher-Hill
COACH: Tyler Rawson
COACH: Trish Chikowore
COACHES: Lee Woodhouse and Jody Robinson
ROCKETS – YR 4/5/6
TURBOS – YR
DYNAMOS – YR 7/8
Matthew Woodhouse Anika Winders
COACH: Justin Fowler
North Otago Tennis
Are holding an open night, registration and have a go night at Waitaki Girls High School at 4.00 pm on Wednesday 27th September. Bring a racquet and your friends and come and try this great sport. New and existing players welcome. Follow us on Facebook Tennis North Otago for more information or contact Nicola Newlands on 027 634 8849 and visit www.northotagotennis.com Options from beginners through to representative players. Competition starts Friday nights in term 4.
- Children's After School Art Classes - Term 4 - held on Wednesdays and Fridays from 3.30 to 4.20 pm. See lighthouseart/facebook or www.lighthouseart.co.nz or contact Catherine on 027 901 2347.
- MTO Children's Theatre Workshop - for children keen to participate in our 2018 production of 'The Pied Piper'. MTO will be holding a workshop on Wednesday 4th October from 10.00 am to 12.30 pm. Age group will be between 9 - 12 years. Great roles for both boys and girls. Enrolments limited. Please register your interest with Pat Gunn at firstname.lastname@example.org
- OSCAR Spring Holiday Programme - join us for a fun two weeks as we rediscover crafts, activities and games from the past. Outings to the pool, movies, playgrounds and Whitestone City. For enrolment information please call Jenny on 021 156 5871 or email email@example.com
- Spud in a Bucket - it's not too late!! For a gold coin donation call into Harcourts Real Estate and get your spud and bucket. Great prizes to be won. All proceeds raised this year will go to North Otago Hospice.
- Free Piano - there is an iron frame Henry Ward Upright piano to be given away. Please email Mary-Claire Anderson on firstname.lastname@example.org or text on 027 434 9277.
- Spring Open Day - the team at Vetlife Twizel are holding a family fun open day in the school holidays. They thought it may be a bit of a drive for for some it could be a good school holiday excursion. Admission is free and it is both kid and adult friendly. The day will include: games, free sausage sizzle, colouring in competitions, prizes and lots of animals. Held on Tuesday 10th October from 11.00 am to 2.00 pm at the Vetlife Twizel, Benmore Place, Twizel.
- Inspiring Young People with a Powerful Message - Marcus Akuhata-Brown is speaking at the Kurow Memorial Hall on Thursday 26th October at 7.30 pm. Tickets cost $18 for adults and $10 for students. Available at Waitaki Valley School office, ph 03 436 0660 as well as Kurow Museum and Brackens Print.