Saturday 8th April - Sam Asi, Max Fatafehi, Samuel Plieger and Joshua Criddle
Sunday 9th April - Seth Bartley, Henry Robinson and Ben Taufa
Birthday Greetings to:
Elenoa Asi, Lisiate Hausia and Indy Cunningham
Tomorrow the Yr 8's are holding a mufti day and you asked to bring a gold coin donation to go towards the Caritas Appeal. They are organising a Caritas Challenge between 11.00 am and 12.30 pm.
Home & School Raffle
Thanks to parents and relatives who volunteered to sell raffle tickets at the supermarkets, your help was much appreciated. The raffle will be drawn on Monday 10th April with the winners being notified.
This year's multicultural day will be held on Tuesday 14th November. We have let you know earlier so you can organise costumes etc.
Last Friday we entered the North Otago Rippa Rugby Tournament held at Whitestone Contracting Stadium. Congratulations to our Yr 5/6 blue team who won their year level and received a $100 voucher. This team goes on to a regional tournament later on in the year. Our Yr 7/8 team got 2nd and the other 5/6 team got third. Thanks to all our parent helpers who either coached or transported the children to and from the venues and to Miss Lind for organising the teams.
There will be no 'Terrific Thursday' on Thursday 13th April.
- Quiz Night for Zonta International - held at the Northstar Bar. Teams of 4-6 people and costs $30 per team. Contact Carol on 434 8421 or 021 503 680 to register.
- Basketball Otago Holiday Camps - all sessions held at the Edgar Centre in Dunedin from 18-21 April. Children from Yrs 1-8 from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm, 1 child $100, 2 children $150, 3 children $200. Children from Yrs 8-13 from 12.00 to 2.00 pm, $50 per child. Focus is on skill development, competition and fun. To register contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Easter Egg Hunt - held at the Galleon Family Complex on Saturday 15th April at 9.00 am. Free entry.
- Oamaru Library Special School Holiday Show - held at the library on Thursday 20th April from 10.45 am. Rainbow Rosalind is an award winning children's singer/songwriter and entertainer. Her enjoyable, interactive and educational songs are sure to get everyone in the family up on their feet dancing, singing along and learning new things. Gold coin entry per child. Show runs for approximately 45 minutes.
- Trustpower 2017 Waitaki District Community Awards - anyone can enter a voluntary group or groups. Entries are available from your local council office or online at http://www.trustpower.co.nz/communityawards Entries close on Friday 21st April.
- Kids on Board - do you need some ideas of things to do with kids over the holidays? Perhaps you are going away and looking for a good playground, walk or cafe that's family friendly? Have a look at what other families have recommended here at http://kidsonboard.co.nz Can't find any information on the area you are looking at, ask other families for their ideas on the Facebook page www.facebook.com/KidsOnBoardNZ
- Cinderella & Rockerfella - held at the MTO Children's Theatre from 27th to 29th April, 2pm daily plus 7.30 pm on the 28th and 29th. Tickets cost $9.00 and are for sale at the Repertory Theatre Box Office from Monday 10th April at 12.00 noon. See Oamaru Mail ad for further details.
- Lighthouse Art Easter Holiday Programme - registrations for the holiday programme and term two after school classes are due this week. Contact Catherine on 027 901 2347 or 7474 109 or see www.lighthouseart.co.nz or facebook/lighthouseart for details.
- Become an Educator with PORSE - enquire today. Families wanting for caring, dedicated educators in Oamaru. Phone 0800 023 456 or porse.co.nz
- A One Day Retreat with Joy Cowley - held Saturday 6th May from 9.30 to 3.00 pm at Eveline Presbyterian Church at 424 Thames Highway. Bring a plate to share for lunch and tea and coffee is supplied. Bring a $10 donation to go to a children's home in India that Joy supports. To register please email Janice Hayes at email@example.com or call Janice on 437 1551.