After School Care & Holiday Programme held at St Joseph's
If you are interested in the After School Care or Holiday Programme, please contact Jocelyn Marsh on 027 552 2756 for further information.
Saturday 11th February - Indya Cunningham, Samuel Plieger and Joshua Criddle
Sunday 12th February - Seth Bartley and Henry Robinson
Birthday Greetings to:
There will be no assembly tomorrow (Friday 10th February) and it will resume again next Friday.
Tomorrow the school will attend a Commissioning Mass at St Kevin's College at 9.40 am. We would like everyone to wear their summer uniform and not their PE clothes for this occasion. (If you usually have PE tomorrow, please bring your PE clothes in your bag).
Goal Setting Interviews
These will be held on Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd February from 3.15 to 8.00 pm in the school hall. Please log on to www.schoolinterviews.co.nz to book a time for you and your child. The code is bab6y Please contact the office if you would like us to arrange an interview time for you.
Guitar and Piano Lessons
Guitar - John McCabe offers guitar lessons at school from 3.15 to 4.00 pm. Costs $10-$15.00 depending on group size. Please let the office know if you are interested.
Piano - Peter McMullan offers piano lessons at school during school hours on a Monday. Please phone Peter on 437 1985 for further information.
Home and School AGM
This meeting will be held on Tuesday 21st February at 7.00 pm in the school staff room. We will be holding elections for officers and are needing a new Chairperson and Secretary and lots of new members. There will be tea and coffee afterwards. Please come and support us as we would love to see you there. For any enquiries, please contact Rachel Fowler on email@example.com In last week's notices, the email address was incorrect.
Last Friday the Yr 7 & 8 students were involved in a water fight as part of their 'rewards system'. Lucky for them the day was sunny. Please view the link to see more photos.
Intermediate Hub Water Fight
Scholastic Book Club
Please hand in book orders by Wednesday 22nd February.
Resume again tomorrow. $5.00 for a 6" sub with a cookie and piece of fruit. Orders to the office by 9.00 am please.
Winter Sports Registrations
Miss Pope (Sports Co-ordinator) will be at both of the Goal Setting Meetings (Parent/Teacher meeting) on Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd February to sign up children who want to play winter sports for the school.
2017 Touch Rugby Teams
TIGERS – YR 1/2/3
BRONCOS – YR 1/2/3
STORM – 4/5/6
FERNS – YR 4/5/6
COACH: Tyler Rawson
COACH: Trish Chikowore
ROCKETS – YR 4/5/6
TURBOS – YR 7/8
DYNAMOS – YR 7/8
COACH: Justin Fowler
- A reminder that North Otago Touch has a NO SHOES, NO GAME POLICY. Please remember to wear your shoes.
- We have plenty of children wanting to play touch but we do not have enough COACHES. We are unable to enter teams without coaches so if you are able and willing to help, please let Olivia Pope (Sports Co-ordinator) know asap on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Touch starts next Tuesday 14th November. Please look for the draw on the school noticeboard or North Otago Junior Touch Facebook page.
- The cricket draw was unavailable at the time the news blog went to print. Please look for it on the school notice board.
- If any children are interested in playing cricket for St Joseph's, practice is at St Kevin's at 3.30 pm on Wednesdays.
- Sam Bastian is running girls cricket training from Friday 10th February at the Waitaki Boys High School nets. This starts at 4.00 pm and any girls wanting to try cricket are encouraged to attend.
- North Otago cricket are holding a coaching course on Monday 27th February. This will be held at the St Kevin's gym with a time to be finalised. Anyone that is interested can contact Sam for further details email@example.com
- Rep trainings will continue to run on Monday's at 4.00 pm at the SKC nets. If your child was attending these sessions last year, please continue to do so.
- Any rep players that are wanting to buy the monogrammed tops or caps are asked to email Leigh (firstname.lastname@example.org) asap to order. You will need to add what size top you are wanting.
- North Otago Basketball have advised that the U13 rep trials will be held in June. U15 boys and girls trials will be held on Thursday 16th February at the Waitaki Recreation Centre. Girls from 4.00 to 5.00 pm and boys from 5.00 to 6.00 pm. Any questions can be directed towards Susan (027 222 2187. They are also in need of coaches at all rep levels (U13, U15 and U17). If this is something you are interested in please contact Susan.
- Representative Trial Notes - An athlete cannot turn that age in 2017 to be eligible for that group (e.g. if you are currently aged 12 years old, you cannot play for U13 teams this year). - Players who are registered with North Otago Basketball cannot trial outside our region if there is a representative team for their age group in our region. - Players may trial outside the region if there is NO team being fielded for their age group in our region. If the North Otago Representative team DOES NOT qualify for Nationals then North Otago Representative players can be picked up by other regions e.g. Otago to play for their team at Nationals if the qualifying team (e.g. Otago) chooses.
- Otago Basketball are running a coaching course aimed at coaches wishing to coach players 13 years and up. This to is to be run on the 7th June with a cost TBC. Registrations and enquiries to Natalie Visger (development officer) email@example.com
- There is a coaching course being held on Friday 24th February from 6.00 to 8.00 pm. This course is the selecting module and will be the first course of many offered here in Oamaru. Any enquries to the North Otago Netball centre email firstname.lastname@example.org
Oamaru Kiwikids Tryathlon
- The Oamaru multi-sport club are once again running the Kiwi Kids tryathlon. This will run on Thursday 9th March with a 4.00 pm start (registrations from 3.15 pm) Distances are dependent on age with all details found on the multi-sports club website. Any further enquiries to Adair Craik (email@example.com)
Please check the community notice board for further information.
- Chinese New Year Celebrations - held at Friendly Bay, Oamaru on Friday 10th February from 5.30 to 10.30 pm. International food stalls from 5.30 pm. There will be a petting zoo, face painting, lantern making, Kung Fu demonstration and an outdoor movie from 9.00 pm.
- Columba Scout Group - meet at their Awamoa Park Scout Den. - Keas (Yrs 1-3) - start Monday 13th February from 4.30 to 5.30 pm. Cubs (Yrs 4-6) start Monday 13th February from 6.00 to 7.30 pm. Scouts (Yrs 7-10) start Thursday 9th February from 6.45 to 8.45 pm. Venturers (Yrs 11-14) start Wednesday 8th February from 6.45 to 8.45 pm. For more information contact Group Leader Neville Corry on 437 2531.