Saturday 5th December - Indya & Mackenzie Cunningham, Ben Cullimore & Joshua Criddle
Sunday 6th December - Rhea Ratgali, Grace Keno, Seth Bartley and Joel Kunnethedan
Birthday Greetings to:
Tyler Rawson, Libby Seddon and Ava Watts
Christmas Eve Vigil Mass
The Vigil Mass will be held at 5.00 pm on Thursday 24th December at the basilica with carols at 4.30 pm. Children are invited to come dressed as angels, shepherds etc. They will meet Mrs Marsh in the
front foyer of the church before Mass to process in with Fr Wayne. They will sit in front of the altar until the end of the homily and then return to their family.
Please donate non-perishable items (canned food or food in containers) on behalf of St Patrick's Parish and school for those in our community less fortunate this Christmas. Often it is harder for people financially after Christmas Day and the food contributions are helpful. Here is an opportunity to go through your cupboards and pass on what you don't need. The food can be dropped in to the container at the school office. Blessings Jocelyn Marsh.
Mya Lindsay received two trophies at the Pathfinders Gymnastic end of year prize-giving last week. She received a trophy for first equal in the Best Overall 9 year old category and the Most Improved trophy for all age groups. Well done Mya.
North Otago Athletics
Last Monday a group of students represented our school at the North Otago Athletics. Well done to the following students who received placings at this event and absent from the photo is Harriet Heaphy, Yneke Edzes, Taine Cooper, Keane Pe, Christian Baillie, Maria Wallace, Ben Cullimore, Sam Keno and Nisha Wilson. They will be in next weeks photo.
400 metres - 13 yrs - Ben Cullimore - 3rd
100 metres - 11 yrs - Taine Cooper 1st and Harriet Heaphy - 2nd =
- 10 yrs - Toby Lewis - 1st
60 metres - 9 yrs - Grace Keno - 1st
- 8 yrs - Jada Rose Keno and Levi Heffernan - 3rd
Long Jump - 11 yrs - Sam Keno - 3rd
- 10 yrs - Toby Lewis - 2nd
- 9 yrs - Maximus Fatafehi and Grace Keno - 2nd
High Jump - 12 yrs - Christian Baillie - 1st and Maria Wallace - 3rd =
- 11 yrs - Yneke Edzes - 2nd and Harriet Heaphy - 3rd
- 10 yrs - Toby Lewis - 1st
Discus - 12 yrs - Christian Baillie - 2nd
- 9 yrs - Grace Keno - 3rd
Shot Put - 12 yrs - Keane Pe - 3rd
- 11 yrs - Lester Cavinta - 3rd
- 10 yrs - Elenoa Asi - 3rd =
- 9 yrs - Grace Keno - 2nd and Morgan Baillie - 3rd
Relays - 10 & 11 yrs - 1st (Harriet Heaphy, Nisha Wilson, Taine Cooper and Toby Lewis)
- 8 & 9 yrs - 2nd (Sebastian Spillane, Tessa Souness, Max Fatafehi and Grace Keno)
JR McKenzie Youth Education Fun
A reminder that all applications for a uniform grant for any children entering Yr 9 in 2016 or the start of primary school is due back to Mrs Jackson by tomorrow.
There is still lots of clothing in our lost property area. This clothing will be given to St Vincent de Paul at the end of the school term so please come and have a look to see if your child's clothing is there.
Please ensure your child's clothing is clearly named and if you buy second hand items, please cross off the last person's name and write the new name on it as there is lots of clothing with ex pupils names on the clothing. Also cutting off the tags is not sufficient as we still do not know who they belong too.
Speech and Drama
Giant Leaps Speech and Drama are offering classes at St Joseph's school during school hours for 2016. Please see the flyer attached to the email for further information if you wish to enrol your child.
Summer Sports Draw
Cricket - Saturday 5th December
4th Grade - St Joseph's v Kurow at St Kevin's 1
5th Grade - St Joseph's v Albion Red at St Kevin's Artificial 2
Touch Rugby - Tuesday 8th December
The final night of Touch for primary schools will be on Tuesday 8th December which will include a short prize-giving. The draw was unavailable at the time the news blog went to print. Please check the notice board or the North Otago Touch Rugby Facebook page for the draw.
We warmly welcome Stirling Heffernan who joined our new entrants class last week.
Wire Netting Required
Our caretaker is still looking for any scraps of chicken wire. If you have any spare at home, please drop it off at school. Thank you.
- Pink Oamaru and Pasifika Christmas Carol Day - held on Saturday 12th December from 10.30 am to 2.00 pm. This is a campaign against bullying and promoting the anti-bullying STARS concluded with a Pasifika Christmas carol. We will be marching from KFC to the Oamaru garden where lunch will be provided to recognise your supports and promoting anti-bullying in Oamaru. Please wear pink to show your support.
- Oamaru Farmers Market - Santa's Grotto is now open. Call into the Grainstore on Harbour St in the Victorian Precint to check it out. Santa will be making a quick stop there at the Twilight Market on December 23rd. Kids hour from 5.00 to 6.00 with exciting activities.
- Forrester Gallery Holiday Programme - includes Architects Trail, Minature Mania, Taonga Trail. Collect the brochures from the Museum and the Forrester Gallery.