Saturday 9th May - Lachlan Brookes, Elizabeth & Samuel Plieger, Tessa Souness and Max Fatafehi
Sunday 10th May - Rhea Ratgali, Emily Hayman and Grace Keno
Birthday Greetings to:
Laura Mather, Bridie McGeown, Satua Paongo and Roger Neri
Home and School Entertainment Books
These books are due back to the office now sold or unsold. Mrs Rachel Fowler will be in the office Thursday and Friday this week to hand out any extra books need from 2.40 pm till just after 3.00 pm. If you have any questions please contact Rachel on 027 237 8234 or 437 1992.
Prayer Partners are active in supporting families preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation on Sunday May 31st. Please make contact with them during this time. Mrs Marsh can be available at school during the parent meeting evenings on Monday 11th and Monday 18th to provide care for children if necessary. Please let her know in advance. Abundant blessings.
Scholastic Book Club
The book club orders are due back on Friday 8th May.
Miss Tangney (Yr 7) and Miss Hul's (Yr 6) classes are on Pastoral Care for the month of May.
The shop would appreciate any clothing that you would like to donate especially PE uniforms and jackets. They are short of girls winter shirts in the sizes 10,12 and 14 and boys winter shorts in the sizes of 12, 14 +.
We warmly welcome Bridget McNally, Rochelle Taylor and Jen Gower who will be our part time release and support teachers this year.
School News Blog
If your child has achieved Academic, Cultural or Sporting success, we would love to know as well as sending us a photo. Email us on email@example.com
Just a reminder that orders for the canteen lunches on a Friday have to be in at the office by 3.00 pm on Wednesday.
Sports Coaching Courses
Coaching and Development - for players wanting to learn more hockey skills. There is a 7 week course for players from Yr 5 to Yr 10 starting Sunday 10th May from 10.30 am to 12.00 pm. Cost is $40.00 per person and parents/coaches are welcome to attend. Please register by Friday 8th May to firstname.lastname@example.org
A back to basics workshop showing coaches how to reinforce the fundamental skills required to play netball at any age or level. Suitable for all coaches. Held on Sunday 17th May at St Kevin's College from 4.00 to 6.00 pm. Cost is $5.00. Please register your name to Leanne Couch - Coach Development Officer by emailing email@example.com
Caritas: Nepal Emergency Appeal
In the wake of the massive 7.9 earthquake that has hit Nepal, Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand has committed an initial NZD50,000 for the immediate recovery efforts. The global Caritas network will ensure that we meet immediate needs for shelter, food and water, whilst being there for the long term rebuilding of lives and livelihoods.
They have launched an Emergency Appeal to help those affected by the earthquake. These funds will go into our Nepal Disaster Fund.
- Internet banking deposit to Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand, account number 03 0518 021 1216 00 (reference: Nepal)
- Donate online at www.caritas.org.nz
- Text NEPAL to 833 to donate $3 to Caritas' relief work in Nepal
- Phone 0800 22 10 22 to make a credit card donation (during office hours)
- Call 0900 4 11 11 to make an automatic $20 donation to Caritas's work (a debit in the name of 'Caritas' will be added to your next telephone bill)
- Post a cheque to Caritas, Freepost 689, PO Box 12193, Thorndon, Wellington 6144
- Timaru Careers Expo - held at the Southern Trust Centre, Morgans Road, Timaru on Sunday17th May from 1.00 to 4.00 pm and Monday 18th May from 9.00 am to 3.30 pm, 5.00 to 7.00 pm. All sessions open to the public. Exhibitors from around New Zealand.