We were very lucky to have a beautiful sunny morning for our senior athletics day on Tuesday. All children competed with a sense of fair play and support for each other showing our values of Respect and Resilience. One of our senior students reminded people in the morning, "It doesn't matter who comes first because we're all first with God." Still, it was really good to see the attitude of some of our competitors who had set themselves personal goals and the determination with which they followed this through. See further photos down on our news blog.
Senior Teachers Visit Myross Bush SchoolLast week teachers from the senior school visited Myross School in Invercargill. They found the trip very useful. They commented that Myross Bush is very close to St Joseph's in many aspects of the ways we teach and the tools we use. They have made one or two innovations which we can learn from to further "Reach for the Stars," here at St Joseph's.
Connections with St Kevin's
|Riley, Ben, Antonio, Jack|
|Hannah (Waitaki Girls), Abbey, Katie (SKC ex St Joseph's), Tia|
Year 8 Camp
The year 8 camp is going well and we look forward to sharing photos soon.
Digital Citizenship reflects our Special Character
We had two parent learning huis in week 2. Participants in the second hui did some research and gathered and organised some information about what digital citizenship could look like in St Joseph's. It was really good to hear the contributions of our senior students and recognise that their behaviour in all environments reflects the special character values of our school. Some of their ideas were
- only do legal downloads,
- know the copyright rules,
- be information and technologically literate,
- avoid plagarism - always give other people the credit for their own work,
- respect educate and protect others and yourself
- relate to others in a positive and meaningful way- even though you may be anonymous - be honest and kind
- Ask yourself some questions before downloading or subscribing- are there age restrictions???
- Don’t lie - if you are not old enough to subscribe to a site, don’t subscribe.
- It doesn’t make something right just because no-one will find out.
Look for further photos in our blog.